We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tourist place to nearest MRT mapping

Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Tourist place to nearest MRT mapping

is there such a list, gothere.sg is good if one is familiar but for tourist it will be helpful if one can get the nearest MRT for all popular tourist destinations.

Thanks

27 replies to this topic
Cambridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
8,670 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Tourist place to nearest MRT mapping

<<I visited on a weekday afternoon before and there was no queue>>

I went on a busy day (weekend in June school holidays) - but wanted to separate time in attraction from queuing time to give context if anyone decided to look up my previous comments on that trip (where I only mentioned the 2 and a half hours at the attraction from memory), as that sort of thing has caught me before.

Queues will obviously vary but Images of Singapore LIVE has this 20 people at a time every 10-15mins style of entry that can be very prone to generate significant queues if there are large groups all deciding to go in one time slot.

Edited: 21 March 2017, 08:30
Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
6,028 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Tourist place to nearest MRT mapping

Timing and luck do matter. If a tour group arrives, then you may have a longer waiting time to contend with.

Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
23. Re: Tourist place to nearest MRT mapping

Hopefully got the account thing sorted and TA support has confirmed the same.

@Myrm - Thanks for all the help.

I am convinced about moving the night Safari to some other day...err other night :)

Yes, I am planning to buy ParkHopper as well as USS+20-attractions pass combo (my bad, that's what I called as ultimate pass)

For Sentosa, here are the things we want to do..

<Must: (on second day in Sentosa, as many of them)>

MOSH, SEA, Skyline Luge, Cable Car, Flying Trapeze, Trick Eye, Tiger sky tower (sunset), Wings of time

<Should: (on third day, if all of above was covered and time left after iFly,dolphin,etc)>

Fort Siloso, Butterfly & insect garden, Madam Tussaud + Singapore live

other Musts (for 3rd day in Sentosa): iFly, dolphin island, MegaZipLine package (forgot to mention this)

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
6,028 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Tourist place to nearest MRT mapping

Sentosa Merlion is also good to try. Won't take you long.

Edited: 21 March 2017, 12:37
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
25. Re: Tourist place to nearest MRT mapping

@Myrm/Others - Thanks to your earlier inputs, I have modified my itinerary as below. Please suggest/comment, if its very hectic or not very impactful.

Day 1:

=========

--> Check-in

--> Leave hotel at 1-2 pm

--> Eat Relaxed Lunch

--> Reach River safari by 400 pm (careful on boat timing)

--> start Night Safari by 8 pm

--> Late dinner / Room-Service @ hotel / Pack your own food

Day 2:

=========

--> Zoo (+breakfast with orangutan) finish by 1230 pm

--> visit Orchid / Botanical Garden finish by 2 pm

--> Eat quick lunch

--> reach Gardens By the Bay by 3PM

--> Relaxed Dinner

Day 3:

=========

--> Jurang BIrd Garden

--> Quick lunch

--> Science center + OmniTheater-IMAX-Dome

--> Southern Ridges? (Alexendra Arch, as it touches forest as well as Hort, and is night attraction)

--> Relaxed dinner

Day 4:

=========

Sentosa

Musts--> iFly + Dolphin-island + MegaAdventure + Faber Cable Car (sun-set) + Butterfly-insect park

Optional--> Madam Tussad+Singapore-Live, K-Live + ?

Quick lunch, Relaxed dinner

Day 5:

=========

--> USS (Buy express plan for kid)

--> Beach-sun-set

--> Wings of Time (premium seating)

--> Quick lunch, Relaxed late dinner

Day 6:

=========

Sentosa

Must--> 4D AdventureLand, MOSH!, S.E.A. Aquarium,, Segway Fun Ride, Skyline Luge Sentosa, The Flying Trapeze, Trick-Eye

Optional--> Fort Siloso (indoor maze), Tiger Sky Tower (sunset), Sentosa Merlon, Crane Dance"

--> Quick lunch, Relaxed dinner

Day 7 (need help in deciding, here)

=========

Museum + Battle Box.....or....ArtScience Museum?

Which one should I choose? I am staying near Dhaubi Ghaut. ArtScience sounds exciting, can I fit it in before checkout?

Additional info below, if it can be useful for someone reading the thread and also to get inputs from experts around.

In terms of pass, I am buying Park-Hopper and 2-Day-Fun-pass. Plus planning to buy tickets online for iFly,Mega*, etc as there is discount for online.

I somehow want to fit "Reverse bungy jumping" but without removing any of above.

Things which I want but difficult to prioritize over above (please feel free to suggest):

Adventure Cove, Chinatown, Adventour - clay shooting, duck-tour, Singapore Flyer, Singapore City Gallery

Things which I decided not to do:

Jet packing (difficult to fit, family will be bored), Sky-diving (expensive), Legoland (too hectic), wave-house (done it), F1 (city speed limit)

Once itinerary is final, I will start mapping minute details.

Thanks everyone, it has been really helpful.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
6,028 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Tourist place to nearest MRT mapping

Issue with doing the zoo after Night Safari - you will get back to the hotel around or after midnight. Are you and your kid able to wake up early for breakfast with animals the following day?

From the zoo to Botanical Gardens, the journey takes half an hour by taxi. Even if you eat fast, it won't leave you with a lot of time to explore the gardens. Also, it will be very hot at that time unless it is a cloudy day.

Gurugram (Gurgaon...
Level Contributor
71 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Tourist place to nearest MRT mapping

helpful thread..

while my search I found https://www.rome2rio.com to find MRT, taxi, bus walking option from one place to different place...it was fun making note of all my places to visit through this site

I have also started a thread "first visit to Singapore ...want to explore and looking for suggestions of buying tickets for different attractions so I don't waste time buying there as I have a tight schedule...please assist

Reply to: Tourist place to nearest MRT mapping
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted