We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coach/bus from Singapore to Melaka - best option?

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
568 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Coach/bus from Singapore to Melaka - best option?

Hello! We shall be in Singapore in three weeks time and will be travelling from there into Malaysia, heading first to Melaka. I believe the coach is easier than the train, due to the train leaving you in Tampin rather than Melaka itself.

I'm a little worried about coach/bus safety, however, and was wondering which the best services / companies are?

Also, please could someone advise on getting from the Lavender area of Singapore to the bus station for Melaka, or are there different stations for different buses/coaches?

Thank you!

23 replies to this topic
Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java
Level Contributor
52,499 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coach/bus from Singapore to Melaka - best option?

Hi Lily,

Take your pick:

www.singaporemalaysiabus.com/malacca.html

The higher the price - the better the coaches.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
6,028 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Coach/bus from Singapore to Melaka - best option?

Read post #25

https://www.tripadvisor.com.sg/ShowTopic-g29…

Edited: 20 March 2017, 15:31
Singapore
Level Contributor
782 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Coach/bus from Singapore to Melaka - best option?

Different pick up point for different company.

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
568 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Coach/bus from Singapore to Melaka - best option?

Thanks so far everyone! Well, I shall surely avoid 707 coaches after seeing that link!

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
568 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Coach/bus from Singapore to Melaka - best option?

The Superior Coach line goes from Lavender and that's near where we are staying. Is this a good company, does anyone know? Thank you.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java
Level Contributor
52,499 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Coach/bus from Singapore to Melaka - best option?

About superior coach service and other transport options:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g29426…

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
1,517 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Coach/bus from Singapore to Melaka - best option?

I know nuts about planes between Singapore & Malaysia but have taken coaches most of the companies available to different locations in West Malaysia..

Actual main reason is i am a hardcore smoker so Coaches stop for pumping petrol or toilet breaks are good for a puff or 2!!😎 i take coaches whenever possible in all of South East Asia..

With any doubt, Luxury Coaches is 1st choice & suggest to book them early!!

2nd Choice - Lapan Lapan , The One Travels & Starmart with no particular ranking.

There is no 3rd choice & all the remaining are similar 2nd Tier with issues now & then. Only Singaporeans & Malaysians with Biometric Passports can clear immigration fast & sometimes all other nationalities are left behind at Immigration, for the cheaper & less reputable coaches. 707 Inc, a traditional Malacca - Singapore Coach Operator also seems to have more issues nowadays of leaving passengers behind at immigration..

Do not ever take Yakin Pacific Express & Superior Coach.. stranded at immigration... lousy coach breaks down in highway..

Cheers

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
1,517 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Coach/bus from Singapore to Melaka - best option?

My own Superior coach was slow with many pick up points starting from Estadia Hotel, waiting for the package tour holidaymakers who are the main passengers of this coaches.

The old creaky coach broke down 30 minutes after leaving Malacca Town in the middle of nowhere.. took a while to resolve.. air conditioning on & off

throughout.. the coach must be like 20 years old & without maintenance to be panting like a old haggard 70 year old running marathon..

Grasslands is another good option but i have not tried them on Singapore-Malacca route.. they are very reputable for service & they do not increase their coach frequencies, very hard to book a seat..

Make the effort to travel to Concorde Hotel as Luxury Coach stops at a few different hotels in Malacca. 1 could be near your Hotel in Malacca..

Cheers

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
6,028 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Coach/bus from Singapore to Melaka - best option?

How many are there in your party? Maybe you can consider chartering a private vehicle to Malacca via travel agency like Travel Delightfully. More expensive but faster and more comfortable.

Edited: 20 March 2017, 16:36
Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
568 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Coach/bus from Singapore to Melaka - best option?

Thanks everyone. DDayMom...is this the same Luxury Coach? http://www.luxurycoach.com.sg

Minxbaby there are only two of us and we have pushed our budget in a few parts of our trip now, so I think we'll just have to suck it up for a bus rather than private. We are going from Singapore, not from Melaka, so I think that would be pretty expensive.

Thanks for your help everyone.

Reply to: Coach/bus from Singapore to Melaka - best option?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted