We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coach/bus from Singapore to Melaka - best option?

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
568 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Coach/bus from Singapore to Melaka - best option?

Hello! We shall be in Singapore in three weeks time and will be travelling from there into Malaysia, heading first to Melaka. I believe the coach is easier than the train, due to the train leaving you in Tampin rather than Melaka itself.

I'm a little worried about coach/bus safety, however, and was wondering which the best services / companies are?

Also, please could someone advise on getting from the Lavender area of Singapore to the bus station for Melaka, or are there different stations for different buses/coaches?

Thank you!

23 replies to this topic
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
1,517 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Coach/bus from Singapore to Melaka - best option?

It's not complicated..

I always follow those in front of me who seem to know what they are doing when disembark from a plane too.. i wanna get to my luggage fast.

Yes you disembark on Singapore side of immigration with only your passport & necessary documents.

Once you reboard & reach Malaysia side of the immigration you have to bring along all your luggages through Immigration queues..

I am only telling so much because you are travelling on a holiday weekend.. i myself will be scrambling through those queues on the same day(short few days vacation)..

On ordinary days, it's very relaxed & fast moving in the immigration queues..

So sorry if i have stressed you out.. oops..

Cheers

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
568 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Coach/bus from Singapore to Melaka - best option?

Lol no you haven't stressed me out. Forewarned is forearmed, as they say! It's all very helpful.

Is it the Thursday or Friday you shall be travelling? Say hello if it's the same bus! :-)

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
1,517 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Coach/bus from Singapore to Melaka - best option?

Thursday itself is going to very packed on the roads & immigration while Friday is the holiday itself & less packed.

I am leaving Singapore on Thursday evening to maximize my holidays..

I am not travelling to Malacca during those days..

Ever the procrastinator, i am still undecided between Pangkor Island off Perak State , Lang Tengah Island off Terengganu State for the beaches or simply Kuala Lumpur for a straightforward shopping trip... oops..

Once my mind is made up , normally all the nice options are gone & i will once again choose the best from amongst the worse coaches.. as usual.. sighhhh..

Cheers & Enjoy!!!

Reply to: Coach/bus from Singapore to Melaka - best option?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted