We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A day itinerary

Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Topic
A day itinerary

Hi,

I am planning to go on a day trip to singapore this coming thursday, will be arriving early morning and will go back at night

Is there any suggestion on what to do in a day, and if i were to go back to KL by bus, which bus station would be convenient and easy for me to go and find? Would be best if it's near to many attractions

Thanks

31 replies to this topic
Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java
Level Contributor
52,499 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A day itinerary

Hi,

Botanical Gardens you can do from 8am. Shops on Orchard Road open from 10am so head back after the gardens and get some lunch/shopping at Orchard Road. Then head down to the Marina Areas stopping at Raffles Hotel, Singapore History Museum if you like that sort of thing, Esplanade and then may be ride on the Singapore Flyer or a trip to the Sky Park at Marina Bay sands. Early meal at Glutton Bay by Esplanade or Lau Pa Sat and then get a taxi to the Night Safari or check gardens by the bay instead. Head back to mal in the evening.

Edited: 21 March 2017, 04:48
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: A day itinerary

Thanks a lot for the suggestion ^^

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
6,028 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A day itinerary

Do you intend to return to KL by coach? Consider using Aeroline, Transtar., Grassland, Sri Maju or Lapan Lapan.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
6,028 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A day itinerary

You won't have time for Night Safari as it is from 7pm to 12midnight.

Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: A day itinerary

Where can i take the coach? As there are many stops and i'm not sure which stops is the nearest to the attractions

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
6,028 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: A day itinerary

The attractions differ by location so you have to decide on where you want to go.

Golden Mile Complex is downtown so should be convenient if you are downtown.

You can use Goolge Maps will show you the distance between the attraction and the bus pick up point.

Edited: 21 March 2017, 10:37
Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
6,028 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: A day itinerary

Are you flying in to Singapore?

Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: A day itinerary

I'm going to s'pore by flight, and would like to go to the garden by the bay in the morning, and planning to go to orchard road and chinatown afterwards, and panning to take bus going back to m'sia

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
6,028 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: A day itinerary

Use gothere.sg to see how to travel from Chinatown to the bus pick up location. Boon Lay is too far. Parkroyal at Kitchener is slightly nearer than Golden Mile Complex but to be honest, for overnight coach, choose a better company for safety.

Edited: 21 March 2017, 11:10
Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
6,028 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: A day itinerary

Avoid Qistna. Reviews not good.

Reply to: A day itinerary
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted