We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A day itinerary

Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Topic
A day itinerary

Hi,

I am planning to go on a day trip to singapore this coming thursday, will be arriving early morning and will go back at night

Is there any suggestion on what to do in a day, and if i were to go back to KL by bus, which bus station would be convenient and easy for me to go and find? Would be best if it's near to many attractions

Thanks

31 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: A day itinerary

Noted...thanks a lot for your help ^^

Singapore
Level Contributor
782 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: A day itinerary

Oh gosh. You are coming this Thursday and have not even booked your return ticket?

Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: A day itinerary

Yeah, do i have to book the ticket early? Coz i'm still not sure in which station should i take the bus...

Singapore
Level Contributor
782 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: A day itinerary

If you want a direct coach from Singapore to Kuala Lumpur, then yes, you better book fast. If the tickets are alread sold out, then you will need to either:

1. Book a hotel room in Singapore and wait until you manage to secure a coach ticket.

2. Take a Casueway Express bus service (no booking required) to Larkin Interchange and get a coach ticket to KL from there. Whether pre-booking is required at Larkin, i do not know.

All in all, if you have not even finalised your departure time, it is not productive to discuss anything on itinerary.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java
Level Contributor
52,499 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: A day itinerary

Having a refundable room booked as a backup plan is a wise idea. I support Raymond_Leong_76.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
52,499 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: A day itinerary

And also note: a return ticket from Singapore is an immigration requirement. If the immigration officer asks you to provide one and you have nothing to show, it may result your entry denial. Especially if you do not book a return flight.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
6,028 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: A day itinerary

OP is obviously on a budget day trip and doesn't want to spend on hotels. There are still buses available at this time and even if not, she can get a budget flight back for under SGD100.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
52,499 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: A day itinerary

Yes, she may. Booking a refundable room was suggested as a plan B. Plan A is a departure the same day...

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
6,028 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: A day itinerary

She is travelling on Thu. Most hotels charge for cancellations less than 48 hours before check in.

Singapore
Level Contributor
782 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: A day itinerary

>>There are still buses available at this time and even if not, she can get a budget flight back for under SGD100.

I sincerely do not encourage her to look for a return ticket on the spot, be it by coach from Singapore/Larkin or by plane. It is already near Tuesday evening at Singapore now and she will be making her trip in less than 48 hours.

Also, i do not know how high will the budget airline ticket price surge if she delays until it goes into the "urgent" hours.

Edited: 21 March 2017, 16:08
Reply to: A day itinerary
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted