We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5 day trip to Singapore

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Topic
5 day trip to Singapore

Hi,

I am planning to spend 5 days in Singapore in 1st week of May with my spouse, kid (7 yrs old) and parents (age 60+). Considering the child and parents, I don't want our trip to be too hectic. I have prepared the following itinerary. Can you please share your feedback?

Day 0 : Reach hotel from airport at about 7.30 pm. No sightseeing that day.

Day 1 : We plan to take an hop on hop off tour to have a feel of the city in the first half of the day. We plan to go to the Flyer post lunch and then spend time at Gardens by the Bay till laser show.

Day 2 : Spend the whole day at Universal Studio. Watch Wings of time show in the evening. Have dinner at the beach and return to the hotel. How far is this venue (Wings of time) from USS?

Day 3 : Visit Sentosa again for other attractions like SEA Aquarium, Trick eye museum, 4D show. If I use the cable car on this day, can I get down at Faber Hill station to have a walk on Southern Ridges for an hour? I heard it is quite scenic.

Day 4 : Spend the whole day (till about 4 pm) at Zoo. Return to hotel for a bit of rest. Spend some leisurely time at Marina Bay in the evening, followed by dinner. Is breakfast with Orangutans worth it?

Day 5 : Spend most of the day at Jurong Bird Park. Return to hotel for a bit of rest. Spend some leisurely time at Clark Quay in the evening, followed by dinner. Pack the bags for next morning flight back home.

A few queries :

1. If I book all the attractions online, Do I need to carry a printout when I reach there Eg. Hop on Hop off, USS etc?

2. Day 4 is 10th May which is a public holiday. Will the zoo be too crowded?

3. Is Jurong Bird Park worth spending the whole day or can you please suggest any other attractions in the city that day?

4. Is it worth spending the late afternoon/evening on Day3 at Palawan or any other beach? A leisurely walk along the sea or parks, followed by dinner, will be preferred.

Thanks in advance for your views.

47 replies to this topic
Singapore
Level Contributor
789 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 5 day trip to Singapore

- USS is about 15 minutes walk or you can take the Sentosa Express, 2 stops away. The walk is scenic. Generally lines start early for Wings of Time.

- To visit Mt Faber via cable car, you will need to get on the Mt Faber line. Yes, it's lovely. Not sure if an hour would be enough.

- whether breakfast is 'worth it', the food isn't much to write about (it has not changed much in the past 4 years) but you do get a 'guaranteed' photo op with the orangutans, if that's what you're after. Come early to catch the elephants bathing session.

- JBP is a half day excursion. Maybe Botanic Gardens or checking out the museums?

It does feel like a pity to squeeze in the HOHO bus to half day. I think you could spend more time with it since you are paying a premium for it?

- if you use klook to buy tickets, read the fine print to see whether you need to exchange for physical tickets. it varies from attraction to attraction.

- the beach at Palawan is nice but food is generally pricey at Sentosa. you could check out East Coast Park, there is a massive playground at Marina Cove and there are some dining options there thewackyduo.com/2016/07/new-marine-cove-east…

- 10 May is a public holiday but it is midweek. You might expect a crowd but not overwhelmingly so, at least that's my general sensing.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
6,868 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 5 day trip to Singapore

Any dietary restrictions?

For 1h, you can cover only Marang Trail and Henderson Wave before doubling back to Faber Peak.

https://www.nparks.gov.sg/~/media/nparks-real-content/gardens-parks-and-nature/diy-walk/diy-walk-pdf-files/hortpark-and-southern-ridges.ashx?la=en

Your itinerary is well paced.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 5 day trip to Singapore

Thanks gumbokins for a detailed reply. I think :

1. I might do Botanic Gardens if JBP is a half day excursion.

2. As far as buying tickets online, I was referring to booking them on official websites of USS or Zoo. Would I still need a hard copy of booking confirmation?

3. How far is East Coast Park from Sentosa attractions?

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 5 day trip to Singapore

@ minxbaby, no dietary restrictions. But I would prefer if I come across an Indian restaurant over there.

Regarding Southern Ridge walk, I will not be able to complete the whole stretch with my parents and kids. However, I would like to give them a feel of that scenic walk by getting on that suspended bridge. But they may not be able to walk a lot in the hot & humid weather. Which is the best starting point and easiest walking stretch?

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
6,868 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 5 day trip to Singapore

East Coast Park is pretty far so taking taxi is the most convenient. 20mins by taxi.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
6,868 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 5 day trip to Singapore

I suggest you walk from Station 2 to Station 5.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
6,868 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 5 day trip to Singapore

Siloso Beach has a nice Indian restaurant. https:/…REVIEWS

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
6,868 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 5 day trip to Singapore

For the zoo and Jurong Bird Park, you can present the e-ticket on your mobile device. http://www.wrs.com.sg/parks-info-faq.html

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
6,868 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 5 day trip to Singapore

I don't think you will find Singapore as hot as Mumbai but try to do the walk in the morning or late afternoon 4.30/5pm) when it is cooler.

Singapore
Level Contributor
789 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 5 day trip to Singapore

1) The Learning Forest at SBG just opened, looks like a lovely place to explore

2) For USS, you can flash the e-ticket but if you are buying an express pass online, a print out is needed. For Zoo, e-ticket is fine :)

3) Marine Cove is 20 mins by cab.

Reply to: 5 day trip to Singapore
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted