We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5 day trip to Singapore

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Topic
5 day trip to Singapore

Hi,

I am planning to spend 5 days in Singapore in 1st week of May with my spouse, kid (7 yrs old) and parents (age 60+). Considering the child and parents, I don't want our trip to be too hectic. I have prepared the following itinerary. Can you please share your feedback?

Day 0 : Reach hotel from airport at about 7.30 pm. No sightseeing that day.

Day 1 : We plan to take an hop on hop off tour to have a feel of the city in the first half of the day. We plan to go to the Flyer post lunch and then spend time at Gardens by the Bay till laser show.

Day 2 : Spend the whole day at Universal Studio. Watch Wings of time show in the evening. Have dinner at the beach and return to the hotel. How far is this venue (Wings of time) from USS?

Day 3 : Visit Sentosa again for other attractions like SEA Aquarium, Trick eye museum, 4D show. If I use the cable car on this day, can I get down at Faber Hill station to have a walk on Southern Ridges for an hour? I heard it is quite scenic.

Day 4 : Spend the whole day (till about 4 pm) at Zoo. Return to hotel for a bit of rest. Spend some leisurely time at Marina Bay in the evening, followed by dinner. Is breakfast with Orangutans worth it?

Day 5 : Spend most of the day at Jurong Bird Park. Return to hotel for a bit of rest. Spend some leisurely time at Clark Quay in the evening, followed by dinner. Pack the bags for next morning flight back home.

A few queries :

1. If I book all the attractions online, Do I need to carry a printout when I reach there Eg. Hop on Hop off, USS etc?

2. Day 4 is 10th May which is a public holiday. Will the zoo be too crowded?

3. Is Jurong Bird Park worth spending the whole day or can you please suggest any other attractions in the city that day?

4. Is it worth spending the late afternoon/evening on Day3 at Palawan or any other beach? A leisurely walk along the sea or parks, followed by dinner, will be preferred.

Thanks in advance for your views.

47 replies to this topic
Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
41. Re: 5 day trip to Singapore

minxbaby, we did not try Southern Ridges. I thought it would be too much for my family since it was a hot & humid day. I will surely post my itinerary in a while.

42. Re: 5 day trip to Singapore

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 May 2017, 06:54

Kochi (Cochin...
2 posts
Save Reply
43. Re: 5 day trip to Singapore

@ Kedar - Hi ! This is Gg from India. Am travelling to Singapore during last week of May with family. Like yours, my family consists of self+spouse, 2 kids and parents aged 70s. Can you share your experience and detailed itinerary as that would help plan my trip better. We will be in Singapore for 5 days.

Inputs regarding mode of purchase of tickets, travel from/to attractions would be a big help.

Thanks !

44. Re: 5 day trip to Singapore

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 May 2017, 07:15

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
45. Re: 5 day trip to Singapore

GG : This was my itinerary -

Day 1 : I had a hop on hop off tour. Took both the routes to go around and get a feel of the city. Late afternoon, We used the same bus to go to Flyer and then to Gardens by the bay. Stayed at the gardens till the lights show in the evening.

Day 2 : Spent the whole day in Universal Studio

Day 3 : Spent the day at Zoo. Went to Marina Bay in the evening and had a good leisure time till late evening.

Day 4 : Jurong Bird Park till about 3.30 pm. Went to hotel to relax a bit and then spent the whole evening at Clark Quay.

Day 5 : Spent the day at Sentosa till Wings of Time show.

We covered most of the attractions, and that too at leisure. I bought all the attraction tickets online. Used taxi for most of our trips. It was not too expensive since we were more in numbers. Used MRT and bus as well. Hope this helps.

46. Re: 5 day trip to Singapore

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

Removed on: 18 May 2017, 19:08

Kochi (Cochin...
2 posts
Save Reply
47. Re: 5 day trip to Singapore

Thanks Kedar !

Reply to: 5 day trip to Singapore
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted