We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary Advise / suggestion 31-May-17 to 06-Jun-17

Mumbai (Bombay...
9 posts
Save Topic
Itinerary Advise / suggestion 31-May-17 to 06-Jun-17

Dear All,

I am planning to travel Singapore for 6 nights from 31-May to 06-Jun along with my wife & 1 child (Age 8 yrs). I have prepared itinerary. Would request to guide me.

31-May (Wednesday) :-

Landing at 09:30 AM. Checking in hotel Tai Hoe Little India. Rest in afternoon. In evening, Singapore flyer, Gardern by Bay.

01-May (Thursday) :-

Universal Studio

02-May (Friday) :-

Sentosa Island

03-May (Saturday) :-

Jurong Park in morning & thereafter Science museum in evening.

04-May (Sunday) :-

Singapore Zoo, River Safari & Night Safari. I know it would be hectic to do all 3 in one day. Have even read many post advising to avoid all 3 in one day. Please advise.

05-May (Monday) :-

Singapore botanic gardens thereafter shopping

06-May (Tuesday) :-

Board fight at 09:30 am back to India.

Would even love to visit Merlon Statue, Marina Bay stand, Clarke Quay, Art Science museum, Bumboat ride but don't know which day shall I plan to visit ? Please advise

Consider my 8 yrs child, is it worth visiting Art Science museum or can it be skipped ?

Am I missing out something ?

Will it be too hot in June ?

Request you help me fine tune my itinerary.

Thanks & Regards,

Sachin Gandhi

21 replies to this topic
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
1,939 posts
258 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinerary Advise / suggestion 31-May-17 to 06-Jun-17

Hi

I shall start bottom up

\Weather in June probably hovering around 33-34Deg-C, definitely low compared with Mumbai probably hitting a high of 45 on the average. It may be accompanied by occasional showers in a day.

May 06 : You shall need to leave the hotel latest by 0600 due to peak hour slow traffic on the highway and also to allow more time for checking in and immigration clearance. Indian national visitors have the tendency of overweight luggage and oversize check in, to avoid being caught you need to beat the crowd.

May 05: can be done.

May 04: Zoo and River Safari is tiring enough for an 8 year old kid. Not advisable to do the river safari. Zoo itself easily 2/3 daylight will be needed. To cheat, you can ride the tram in the zoo to save you the energy for the two if you are intent on checking them off the list. Night Safari has tram as well but it opens at 1900h. By the time you folks had done the two attractions, it will be sticky and uncomfortable. By then instead of an 8 year old kid, it would be an 80kg baggage to haul

May 03 : Art & Science Museum, too young for 8 year old. Bird Park alone can take up to 2/3 of the daylight. Have a good rest then swing over to MBS, Merlion and the Esplanade Walk

May 02 & 01 : can be done, take your time.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
6,868 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Itinerary Advise / suggestion 31-May-17 to 06-Jun-17

I believe OP means Singapore Science Centre at Jurong rather than Science Museum for Saturday.

The time difference between Singapore and Mumbai is only 2.5h. Taking a long rest (until evening) is only going to make you even more tired. I would suggest you keep going and then have an early night.

Edited: 10 May 2017, 15:32
Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
6,868 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Itinerary Advise / suggestion 31-May-17 to 06-Jun-17

On arrival, you may not be able to get an early check in so you can drop off your luggage and explore Little India and have lunch. After check in, take the MRT to Raffles Place station or get a taxi to Merlion Park. Spend some time there then walk via Jubilee Bridge, Esplanade, Helix Bridge to Marina Bay Sands (outside) and Art Science Museum (outside). Proceed to Gardens By The Bay by 4pm. After exploring the conservatories and outdoor gardens, have dinner (sg Satay By The Bay) and then stay for the 15min light show at Super Tree Grove at 7.45pm. Take the MRT to Promenade station for the Flyer and enjoy the splendid view of Singapore's skyline at night.

Edited: 10 May 2017, 15:55
Cambridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
8,794 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Itinerary Advise / suggestion 31-May-17 to 06-Jun-17

Starting from the top:

31st - with a 9.30 landing, I would expect to be checked into the hotel before 11am in normal circumstances. When you say rest, if you mean some sleep to catch up on the lost night from a cramped overnight flight from India, please be aware of how that risks jetlag which could then impact a significant chunk of the rest of your stay (been there, done that when visiting my parents years ago). Keep awake as long as possible on the first day and if you have to, go to bed early rather than resting up and going out. If you mean shower up and freshen up before going out - that's fine and normally makes me feel much better (but then I'm coming off a 12hr overnight flight).

Gardens by the Bay in the evening really means the light show only - the domes take a number of hours to visit and are best seen in daylight. You would do better to try and visit the gardens in the afternoon - it keeps you going as needed, you see more things and the Gardens are a casual wander and see type attraction which is ideal when running a little on empty for energy.

If you feel up to it going out in the afternoon means you could do Merlion Park and the bumboat ride here before hitting the Gardens themselves.

1st - Fine - that fills a large portion of the day. You could look to fill the day with extra bits of Sentosa (see the next day comments first thought) - or leave Sentosa and try to do food at Clarke Quay perhaps.

2nd - This is really impossible to answer. 'Sentosa' as a day is a fine conceptually but it is the details that define how sensible your plan will be. Without knowing what you plan to do and how, we can be no more specific than 'It can be made to work as a good day'.

3rd - Too full. The Bird Park, especially if you don't want too tire out an 8year old, if you wish to visit the kids area and its waterplay area and if you want to see shows as a first time visitor can fill 3/4 of a day. That doesn't leave enough time in the day to visit the Science Centre which requires at least half a day and more again for the waterplay area, the kids section and if you want to see the Annexe exhibition or anything like the IMAX theatre shows etc.

4th - Hectic is an understatement. Horrible day, so far as I am concerned a likely waste of the entry fee for the Night Safari and an unpleasantly heavy one up until that point - especially for the 8year old, which then further affects the adults even if they manage to hold it together. You say you have read many of the threads advising against it and then ask for advice. I'm not going to repeat myself at length on the basics about the risks and issues involved if you have chosen to override comments that you say you have read already as that would be a waste of time.

The only way to comment more sensibly and advise further requires an answer from you first - and that would be to ask that since you have seen comments advising against this - what in your trip/needs/aims has made you decide to go for this particular plan? Establish that and we can make comments, or at least give the best survival tips to limit the issues as much as possible.

5th - fine. This is likely to have some spare time that you could try to fit other things in. You won't see all the gardens space though unless you plan the entire day there and that's fairly hard work.

6th - very early flight - that means early rise and taxi out.

<<Am I missing out something >>

Yes, plenty - as well as the items you added to the end of the list to fill in you didn't mention any of the major museums nor several of the open spaces, but as the already overfull itinerary makes the point - you cannot see all the major must sees for Singapore in a 5 day trip.

Give up on trying to even do all the major sites and rein back to your highest priorities of the items you have chosen first. This will give you a more enjoyable trip, it will also possibly give you slots to fill with smaller items if you tire quicker than expected, or simply don't enjoy somewhere as much as hoped and want to move on. So then you have a list of backup items to visit as fillers - or if the weather is unhelpful to you etc etc. Be prepared to move specific days around for that reason.

<<Will it be too hot in June >>

The same as most of the year - 30-35degrees and 95%-100% humidity. Singapore is only one degree north of the equator - the daily variation in temperature is a wider range than the seasonal one, so its a fairly constant climate. Rainfall is the major seasonal change and that's usually something only a local resident is going to notice as again the baseline of rain and variation is such that you can get any weather pattern at any time of year despite the averages and a tourist on a snapshot visit just has to live with what they get. Rain is typically a 30-60min storm with the rest of the day sunshine. You can get days of extended rainfall - usually lighter but persistent - but they are much rarer.

Mumbai (Bombay...
9 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Itinerary Advise / suggestion 31-May-17 to 06-Jun-17

Thanks omega123. I would skip Art Science museum & will plan out MBS, Merilon or Bumboat ride

Mumbai (Bombay...
9 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Itinerary Advise / suggestion 31-May-17 to 06-Jun-17

Thanks minxbaby. Yes It is science center. Would consider early night instead of long rest in afternoon. Itinerary suggest by you for day 1 sounds good. Can I even plan for Bumboat ride or some other day ?

Mumbai (Bombay...
9 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Itinerary Advise / suggestion 31-May-17 to 06-Jun-17

Thanks myrm. Singapore Zoo + River Safari + Night Safari would be horrible & I have read it. I just framed it wrongly. I wanted advise to fine tune my itinerary such way that all 3 are not planned on same day. On which day shall I plan to visit Night Safari ?

For Sentosa Island, plan to buy 2 day fun pass (from counter) which includes USS & 20 attractions. It does not include Adventure cove & dolphin island.

Revised itinerary as per suggestion & advise :-

31-May (Wednesday) :-

Landing at 09:30 AM. Checking in hotel Tai Hoe Little India. Explore little India, have lunch & move on to Merilon park, reach GBB by 4 pm, after light show move on to flyer & back to hotel.

01-May (Thursday) :-

Universal Studio

02-May (Friday) :-

Sentosa Island

03-May (Saturday) :-

Jurong Park in morning & late evening Bumboat ride & dinner at Clarke Quay.

04-May (Sunday) :-

Singapore Zoo, River Safari & Shopping

05-May (Monday) :-

Singapore botanic gardens & Night Safari

06-May (Tuesday) :-

Board fight at 09:30 am back to India.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
6,868 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Itinerary Advise / suggestion 31-May-17 to 06-Jun-17

The itinerary looks better now although you need to wake up really early for your departure flight, not an easy thing to do as you will get back to your hotel possibly after midnight from Night Safari.

Pune, India
10 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Itinerary Advise / suggestion 31-May-17 to 06-Jun-17

Hey you would be back now. Please comment if your iterneiry worked . Any suggestions.. as am planning to visit it in October

Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
9,228 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Itinerary Advise / suggestion 31-May-17 to 06-Jun-17

Hi minay150,

OP has not even arrived yet. His trip is from 31 May to 6 June!

You can work out your own itinerary and post it here (in a new thread, please) for us to comment and help you to fine tune it.

Reply to: Itinerary Advise / suggestion 31-May-17 to 06-Jun-17
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted