We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

refund from nets flash card

3 posts
Save Topic
refund from nets flash card

Apparently one cannot use nets flash card at MET, if the balance is less than 3$.

Which means I am locked in with money even on my last day in Singapore. Couple of queries on same:

- Can I exhaust that balance in 7-11, then no worries

- faq at their site says I can claim immediate refund using few of the atm kinds kiosk, however one of the residents mentioned that one has to claim refund two days before leaving Singapore.

Thanks in advance.

9 replies to this topic
Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur, Singapore
Level Contributor
4,646 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: refund from nets flash card

Yes, you can spend the card balance buying things at 7-11. If you want a refund instead, you can approach the TransitLink ticket office at Changi Airport MRT station. The ATM option is available only when you have a local bank account.

If you find yourself with less than $3 and need to take the MRT to the airport, instead of topping up you can buy a standard ticket with a single trip. You can then make a refund claim at the ticket office, or just spend it at a 7-11.

Edited: 11 May 2017, 08:37
Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
7,399 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: refund from nets flash card

Pls note the Transitlink office at Changi Airport MRT Station is open from 0800 till 2100 if you decide to return the card there. For other locations, check this page. www.transitlink.com.sg/PSdetail.aspx…

Edited: 11 May 2017, 11:32
Cambridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
8,930 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: refund from nets flash card

<<Apparently one cannot use nets flash card at MET, if the balance is less than 3$.>>

That isn't just the NETS flash card - that's a requirement of any electronic card system in the MRT because that is the maximum fare. The same happens with EZlink.

<<Can I exhaust that balance in 7-11, then no worries>>

Yes, you can spend the card out at 7-11 or anywhere that takes NETS flash pay cards

<<faq at their site says I can claim immediate refund using few of the atm kinds kiosk>>

The FAQ says immediate refund. It depends how the ATM does that - since they don't carry coins I suspect it pays into a linked bank account which is how the card is often set up. That may take the 2 days the resident was talking about. The FAQ no longer mentions offices as an option for cancelling a FlashPay card either. If it now requires paying into a bank account then for many a visitor its much less useful as a card than an EZLink

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,646 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: refund from nets flash card

<<The FAQ no longer mentions offices as an option for cancelling a FlashPay card either.>>

From the FAQ site:

https:/…faq-nets-flashpay

Under "Where can I get a refund for my NETS FlashPay Card?":

"For other refund cases (including damaged cards), please visit either the NETS Customer Service Centre located at 298 Tiong Bahru Road, #06-01 Central Plaza, Singapore 168730 or any TransitLink Ticket Office."

Cambridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
8,930 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: refund from nets flash card

OK just followed your link and it says that - the page looks substantially different but is definitely current, so I think I must have googled up a deadlink and got wrong info

OK so then just cancel it at Changi once you get there or at an MRT station in town before you head to the airport is also an option.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
39 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: refund from nets flash card

For the benefit of all others: The minimum balance rule stated above is only applicable for the MRT system. When using the public bus, the system will let you tab on as long as your card balance will cover the distance to the final bus stop of the service you are boarding. Internally it works like charging you the full amount to the last bus stop of the service and if you get off earlier it will give you a refund of the difference. This is to avoid having people on the bus that cannot tab out when leaving due to not enough balance on the card. In case you forget to tab out your card when exiting the bus, you will be charged the full amount to the last bus stop of this service.

Mumbai, India
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: refund from nets flash card

You can even use the balance for your shopping bill in mustafa.

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
1,191 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: refund from nets flash card

You can even use the balance for your shopping bill in supermarket Giant ( East Coast Park).

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,646 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: refund from nets flash card

There are many places that accept payment by NETS FlashPay. The OP is asking about how to use up the card balance after returning to the airport. No need to list out random places that accept payment by the card.

Reply to: refund from nets flash card
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted