We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hilton or Conrad Hotel February 2018

Eastbourne, United...
Level Contributor
1,090 posts
365 reviews
Save Topic
Hilton or Conrad Hotel February 2018

I generally stay in hotels which are part of Hilton Group because of their Loyalty programme. For our trip next year the choice seems to be between Hilton and Conrad Centennial. Price for a room with executive lounge access is pretty much the same for both hotels, reviews seem similar. Which should I choose, or should I just flip a coin?

13 replies to this topic
North Yorkshire...
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Rhodes
Level Contributor
6,024 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hilton or Conrad Hotel February 2018

You've kind of answered your own question, ''Loyalty'' says what it does, unless you have a compelling reason for changing, go with what you like and obviously know.

I stay in the same hotels where ever I visit. I like the fact I'm ''known'' and feel I get a little extra treatment, loyalty is a two way street.imvho as ever.

LON-SIN
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
13,321 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hilton or Conrad Hotel February 2018

As you know the Conrad brand is the premier brand in the Hilton Hotel Group,saved for the best hotels. The Hilton brand sits below it.

So everything else being equal I would go with the better hotel. I prefer The Conrad's location too.

Edited: 17 May 2017, 18:56
Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java
Level Contributor
53,394 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hilton or Conrad Hotel February 2018

I also support Conrad option vs Hilton.

Eastbourne, United...
Level Contributor
1,090 posts
365 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hilton or Conrad Hotel February 2018

That's pretty much what I thought. Is one location better than the other, or are they both fine?

Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
9,228 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hilton or Conrad Hotel February 2018

+1 for Conrad.

It is in the Marina Bay area, so much more convenient to get to the attractions around the Bay. Beautiful view of the skyline especially at night.

Hilton is on top of Orchard Road. Besides shopping, the only other attraction is the Botanic Gardens up on Tanglin.

North Yorkshire...
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Rhodes
Level Contributor
6,024 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Hilton or Conrad Hotel February 2018

The Tanglin Mall and the Botanical Gardens on the ''doorstep'' of the Hilton ? That'll do me.

One of the great things about our forum is we can agree to disagree, opinions may differ, but none of them are ''wrong''.

I love ''that end'' of Orchard Road, it's quiet(ish) accessable and even the walk to and from the main body of Orchard road, The Paragon and Takashimaya Malls, is really nice, imvho. as ever.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java
Level Contributor
53,394 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hilton or Conrad Hotel February 2018

you can check the reviews too:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g29…

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g29…

Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel, Holiday Travel
Level Contributor
21,427 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hilton or Conrad Hotel February 2018

One of our forum regulars Susan D stayed 7 nights at the Conrad late last year and was disappointed and felt unwelcome. I'd read reviews carefully and then decide.

North Yorkshire...
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Rhodes
Level Contributor
6,024 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Hilton or Conrad Hotel February 2018

Paul

I've dug Susan's review out so you might have a read.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReview…

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
6,868 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hilton or Conrad Hotel February 2018

I stayed at Conrad before. On checking in, someone actually guided me to the room and explained the facilities. There was always service with a smile and the room was meticulously clean. Bed was very comfy although it was a bit high. The minuses were some fixtures were old and found to be out of order so they had to call Maintenance. Breakfast at Oscar's was sumptuous, fresh and tasty.

Reply to: Hilton or Conrad Hotel February 2018
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted