We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Singapore for Anniversary Celebrations

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
57 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Singapore for Anniversary Celebrations

Hi Guys,

I have been planning for a vacation to Singapore with my wife and have worked out an itinerary. Please do have a look and let me know of any suggestions, things I should add, delete or shuffle.

Also please do recommend some regular, mid range eating options. Have already mentioned a few specials in the itinerary.

Thank you so much in advance. :)

Day 1

Sun

Arrive in the evening, at around 5 PM. Staying at Ibis, Bencoolen. Hoping to reach the Hotel by 8PM.

Dinner at Chijmes @Bobby Bar & Grill. Please suggest if there are any other better options. We are Non vegetarians but essentially Chicken eaters, love grilled chicken, Salads, Pizzas, Chinese, Thai and Indian food.

Day2

Mon

Leave hotel at 8ish, Taxi to Juroung Bird Park, catch a few shows, planning to stay there till Noon and then take a taxi to Maxwell Hawker Centre, got to try Tian Tian Chicken Rice, Please suggest what else we can eat there. Roam around China town and then take MRT to Bugis and rest for a few hours at the Hotel.

Have read pre booking a taxi from Jurong Bird Park is a must, any suggestions which Taxi company should I call, or can I rely on Uber?

In the evening planning for a leisurely stroll at the city centre and enjoy the spectacular views of Marina Bay Sands, The Merlion, The Singapore Flyer, etc and maybe even check out the Shoppes at Marina Bay Sands.

Recommendations for dinner please :)

Day 3

Tue

Sentosa - Resorts World, USS, Trick Eye, Adventure Cove

Vivo city Mall on our way back. We will be taking the Sentosa express, to and fro; wife doesn’t like the idea of the cable car.

Again please do recommend eating options at Resorts World and at Vivo city Mall too.

Day 4

Wed

Planning to visit the Zoo in the morning, will take a cab.

Return to the Hotel, rest and step out in the evening to the Arba street. Want to check out Zam Zam restaurant but would be great if we could also club in a place to enjoy a bit of Turkish food as well.

Day 5

Thu

Back to Sentosa- Dolphin Island, Luge, Palwan Beach

And Clark Quy/ Boat Quy in the night.

Day 6

Fri

Botanical Garden in the morning, then rest in the hotel for a few hours and then off to the East Coast Park for some cycling fun in the evening. And would love to go to the long bar at the Raffles in the night.

Day 7

Sat

This the anniversary day, would be booking an upscale Hotel (haven’t decided which one yet) and have kept the morning to be absolutely free, probably would like to enjoy at the pool. And in the evening would be visting Garden’s by the way, watch the Rhapsody Show and have a few drinks at the Supertree by Indochine.

Day 8

Sun

We return Back to Mumbai.

Thanks,

Ciao!!!

19 replies to this topic
LON-SIN
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
13,321 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Singapore for Anniversary Celebrations

Expect to spend 4 to 5 hours at the bird park so expect to finish at 2pm at the earliest.

USS and Adventure Cove should both directions in the morning so should be done on Separate days. Expect to stay at Adventure Cove till it gets dark so no time beach etc... Dolphin experience is at Adventure Cove and requires an Adventure Cove ticket so may as well do both on the same day. Hire a cabana by the wave pool.

Malaysian food street on Sentosa and any other of the 3 food court at Vivi city for food.

Suggest MBS for the last night hotel especially if you plan on spending most of the time by the pool.

Edited: 17 May 2017, 23:05
Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
57 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Singapore for Anniversary Celebrations

Hey thanks for the advice. Much appreciated :)

Level Contributor
11 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Singapore for Anniversary Celebrations

I would suggest you to take uber or grab during you stay here. Besides knowing the full fare before you get into your ride, you would not need to remember the peak hours for taxi companies. The surcharge would cost you 25% to 50% on top of the taxi meters. There is also ERP, the road toll charges, that you have to pay to the cabby.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
6,868 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Singapore for Anniversary Celebrations

Uber and Grab also charge ERP fees and there are surge pricing during periods of high demand which can inflate the price to considerably more than the taxi. This is the largest taxi operator. https:/…commuters_services_booking.mvn

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
6,868 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Singapore for Anniversary Celebrations

You may have to book 2 nights at an upscale hotel given that check in time is in the afternoon (2/3pm) and checkout time 11am/12pm.

Singapore
Level Contributor
589 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Singapore for Anniversary Celebrations

See My comments below:

Day2

Mon

Leave hotel at 8ish, Taxi to Juroung Bird Park, catch a few shows, planning to stay there till Noon and then take a taxi to Maxwell Hawker Centre, got to try Tian Tian Chicken Rice, Please suggest what else we can eat there. Roam around China town and then take MRT to Bugis and rest for a few hours at the Hotel.

{Jurong Bird park will probably take you till around 1-2pm if you want to see some of the shows. if you plan to go to Maxwell Food Court for the Tian Tian Chicken Rice, be prepared to queue for at least an hour. There is always a super long queue at all days. Tian Tian chicken rice has other outlets that do not have queues. If you want, you could go to Clementi. There is a food court there that has Tian Tian Chicken Rice.}

In the evening planning for a leisurely stroll at the city centre and enjoy the spectacular views of Marina Bay Sands, The Merlion, The Singapore Flyer, etc and maybe even check out the Shoppes at Marina Bay Sands.

Recommendations for dinner please :)

{There are many dining options at Marina Bay Sands from Food Courts to Restaurants. Depends on what you want and your budget}

Day 3

Tue

Sentosa - Resorts World, USS, Trick Eye, Adventure Cove

{USS and Adventure Cove on the same day is really difficult to do. Both attractions take up the better part of a full day each to do.}

Vivo city Mall on our way back. We will be taking the Sentosa express, to and fro; wife doesn’t like the idea of the cable car.

Again please do recommend eating options at Resorts World and at Vivo city Mall too.

(Again eating options depends on your budget. Food Courts to restaurants are available in Vivo City}

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
57 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Singapore for Anniversary Celebrations

@minxbaby, @RynQassim

Thanks for the advice and links. Uber does have surcharge here in India as well at peak hours …just that it feels a little more convenient than booking on phone. Have to agree Uber and their local counterparts like Grab in Singapore and Ola in India has spoilt us all 

I think I am going to explore both the options. Will try phone a cab, if that works fine am going to stick to that.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
57 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Singapore for Anniversary Celebrations

@minxbaby oh ya,, you are right, didn't cross my mind at all, Would you recommend anything apart from Marina Bay Sands?

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
6,868 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Singapore for Anniversary Celebrations

The cab company also has an app for flat rate bookings. It is listed on that page I linked to.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
57 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Singapore for Anniversary Celebrations

@Teebs2593 Thanks for the tip. Shall look for the outlet in Clementi.

regarding other places, am actually looking for budget options only.

Reply to: Singapore for Anniversary Celebrations
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted