We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Singapore for Anniversary Celebrations

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
57 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Singapore for Anniversary Celebrations

Hi Guys,

I have been planning for a vacation to Singapore with my wife and have worked out an itinerary. Please do have a look and let me know of any suggestions, things I should add, delete or shuffle.

Also please do recommend some regular, mid range eating options. Have already mentioned a few specials in the itinerary.

Thank you so much in advance. :)

Day 1

Sun

Arrive in the evening, at around 5 PM. Staying at Ibis, Bencoolen. Hoping to reach the Hotel by 8PM.

Dinner at Chijmes @Bobby Bar & Grill. Please suggest if there are any other better options. We are Non vegetarians but essentially Chicken eaters, love grilled chicken, Salads, Pizzas, Chinese, Thai and Indian food.

Day2

Mon

Leave hotel at 8ish, Taxi to Juroung Bird Park, catch a few shows, planning to stay there till Noon and then take a taxi to Maxwell Hawker Centre, got to try Tian Tian Chicken Rice, Please suggest what else we can eat there. Roam around China town and then take MRT to Bugis and rest for a few hours at the Hotel.

Have read pre booking a taxi from Jurong Bird Park is a must, any suggestions which Taxi company should I call, or can I rely on Uber?

In the evening planning for a leisurely stroll at the city centre and enjoy the spectacular views of Marina Bay Sands, The Merlion, The Singapore Flyer, etc and maybe even check out the Shoppes at Marina Bay Sands.

Recommendations for dinner please :)

Day 3

Tue

Sentosa - Resorts World, USS, Trick Eye, Adventure Cove

Vivo city Mall on our way back. We will be taking the Sentosa express, to and fro; wife doesn’t like the idea of the cable car.

Again please do recommend eating options at Resorts World and at Vivo city Mall too.

Day 4

Wed

Planning to visit the Zoo in the morning, will take a cab.

Return to the Hotel, rest and step out in the evening to the Arba street. Want to check out Zam Zam restaurant but would be great if we could also club in a place to enjoy a bit of Turkish food as well.

Day 5

Thu

Back to Sentosa- Dolphin Island, Luge, Palwan Beach

And Clark Quy/ Boat Quy in the night.

Day 6

Fri

Botanical Garden in the morning, then rest in the hotel for a few hours and then off to the East Coast Park for some cycling fun in the evening. And would love to go to the long bar at the Raffles in the night.

Day 7

Sat

This the anniversary day, would be booking an upscale Hotel (haven’t decided which one yet) and have kept the morning to be absolutely free, probably would like to enjoy at the pool. And in the evening would be visting Garden’s by the way, watch the Rhapsody Show and have a few drinks at the Supertree by Indochine.

Day 8

Sun

We return Back to Mumbai.

Thanks,

Ciao!!!

19 replies to this topic
Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
6,868 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Singapore for Anniversary Celebrations

For specific hotel recommendations, please indicate your budget in SGD.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
57 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Singapore for Anniversary Celebrations

approx SGD 400. Thanks

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
6,868 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Singapore for Anniversary Celebrations

W Sentosa Cove

Oasia Downtown

One Farrer Hotel and Spa - get the club rooms for a more private pool

Fairmont Hotel

Carlton Hotel Bras Basah

Hotel Jen Orchardgateway

Shangri La Orange Grove (could be above your budget)

Intercontinental Singapore

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
721 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Singapore for Anniversary Celebrations

Sorry, but I couldn't help chortling at your plan to travel to Tian Tian for lunch. It's understandable if that's on your bucket list, but take note that you'll be jostling with hordes of office workers from the nearby CBD at that hour!

Besides, there are plenty of other popular chicken rice outlets. At Maxwell, there's also Ah Tai & Tong Fong Fatt. In Bugis (where your hotel is), there's Chin Chin, Yet Con, Sin Swee Kee, Zheng Swee Kee (all of them along the side streets next to Raffles Hotel), Leong Yeow (Waterloo Centre), Sing Ho (Middle Road). In Orchard, there's the affordable Lucky (Lucky Plaza) & Hainanese Delicacy (Far East Plaza), plus the exorbitant-but-delicious Chatterbox (Mandarin Orchard). In Marina Bay, Wee Nam Kee (Marina Square, Gluttons Bay) comes to mind.

Likewise, don't read too much into online reviews. Everyone have their favorite recipes &, nowadays, locals also prefer the dish Cantonese-style (juicy gelatin skin layer, chili sauce) than Hainanese-style (drier meat, ginger sauce, sometimes with pork chops) which grew out of the original enclave in Bugis.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
6,868 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Singapore for Anniversary Celebrations

Yes, everyone has their own preferences where local dishes are concerned. Tong Fong Fatt has an outlet at Rasapura Masters food court at MBS.

16. Re: Singapore for Anniversary Celebrations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 May 2017, 11:57

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
57 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Singapore for Anniversary Celebrations

@minxbaby thanks for the options, will go through them right away :) Thank you so much

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
57 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Singapore for Anniversary Celebrations

@blitzonic - Thank you so much, your reply is gold!!! Tian Tian is actually a bucket list tick mark, will maybe try and go at a non busy hour but now i have to look for all the restaurants mentioned by you and see where all I can put my taste buds and stomach at work :)

Thanks so much.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
721 posts
Save Reply
19. Re: Singapore for Anniversary Celebrations

karry9978,

You asked about what else to eat here. My tip would be look out for stalls with long queues, & see whether their food catches your fancy.

Don't misunderstand: My earlier quip about overcrowding at lunchtime has more to do with limited table seats, & Maxwell is one of the smaller hawker centres here. You'll probably have to share a table with strangers, & there's also an idiosyncratic 'chope' culture here (started by office workers) where you'll see tissue packs, staff passes, plastic bags, umbrellas, etc. lying around to reserve seats as their owners went off to buy food. They can be an exasperating sight as you walk around with a tray, more than ready to eat.

Long queues, on the other hand, are publicly approved as a marker of good food. lol

Edited: 20 May 2017, 11:35
Reply to: Singapore for Anniversary Celebrations
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted