We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Singapore in July at the Marina Mandarin

Rugby, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
146 reviews
Save Topic
Singapore in July at the Marina Mandarin

Our first visit to Singapore and any advice on breakfasts costs at the Marina Mandarin. I am aware of 'offers' on many other sites but some idea of the additional food costs would be helpful? Is there 'many' eating choices in the near vicinity? Thanks

10 replies to this topic
Cambridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
8,930 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Singapore in July at the Marina Mandarin

The Marina area and the City Hall area adjoining (5-10mins walk from the hotel) are rich with malls and their food courts as well as many restaurants and a decent hawker site. I normally stay in the Carlton which is that 5-10min walk from your hotel or in the Pan PAcific which is opposite - in both cases I go room only and find plenty of options to eat breakfast and at much cheaper prices than the cost of a 4-5* hotel breakfast buffet which are normally in the 40SGD++ range.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel, Holiday Travel
Level Contributor
21,753 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Singapore in July at the Marina Mandarin

Breakfast can be found for maybe SGD$3.50 - $6 per person in coffee and toast places in nearby malls like Marina Square Mall or even Raffles City Shopping Centre.

North Yorkshire...
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Rhodes
Level Contributor
6,083 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Singapore in July at the Marina Mandarin

In a hotel of the standard you'll be staying a typically priced breakfast is in the $35-$45 + + range + + meaning service and tax on top of the advertised price.

There are more places within walking distance, than you can wave a stick at, of you hotel, where a fully inclusive ''local'' breakfast can be bought for $5-$10.

I always breakfast in my hotel, because that's my choice, and sometimes have dinner in my hotel, because that's my choice, but the vast majority of meals are eaten outside the hotel.

Rugby, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Singapore in July at the Marina Mandarin

Brill thanks very much - great Rugby snap - I'm Welsh and lived in Rugby Warwickshire for over 40 years - great being Welsh here - sometimes !!!

Rugby, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Singapore in July at the Marina Mandarin

Thanks much appreciated.

Rugby, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Singapore in July at the Marina Mandarin

Brill thanks again.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
7,399 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Singapore in July at the Marina Mandarin

Are you adventurous enough to try local breakfast because some tourists have specific palates and would prefer the style of breakfast they typically get back home. McDonald's is around $7-8 for a set meal. There are also cheaper $3-4 options on weekday mornings. Subway is around $5. For more authentic western style breakfast at cafes, expect to pay $10-20.

england
Level Contributor
557 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Singapore in July at the Marina Mandarin

We booked with bfast when we stayed at Marina Mandarin recently but it wasn't worth it. We thought the bfast was very mediocre, not a lot of choices, bland food etc., which is very unusual cos usually bfast buffets in hotels are excellent.You will be better off going out for bfast.

Rugby, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Singapore in July at the Marina Mandarin

Thanks, we're very adventurous so no problem with eating fetishes. !

Rugby, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Singapore in July at the Marina Mandarin

Thanks again we'll take in all the advice and no doubt save on eating outside the hotel.

Reply to: Singapore in July at the Marina Mandarin
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted