We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is good: package by MMT or Yatra or customised plan

3 posts
Save Topic
What is good: package by MMT or Yatra or customised plan

Hi all

I am planning to go with sister in July first time in Singapore a five days trip

Customised plan is good or directly readymade by MMT or Yatra package is good?

May I know approx how much money will needed only in sight seeing,food and travelling in Singapore( not shopping)

Thank you

15 replies to this topic
Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel, Holiday Travel
Level Contributor
21,753 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What is good: package by MMT or Yatra or customised plan

Hello,

For a really budget stay you may spend SGD$40-50 per person a day but many recommend a more comfortable and relaxed figure of SGD$100 per person per day for taxis, eating local food, MRT underground train transport, and visiting some of the more expensive tourist attractions with higher entry fees.

North Yorkshire...
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Rhodes
Level Contributor
6,083 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: What is good: package by MMT or Yatra or customised plan

Of course ''sight-seeing'' cost nothing and using the public transport system is really inexpensive, even taxis are not expensive. For as our friend AvantiSG suggests a minimum 0f $40-$50 per person per day jor food/travel is a guideline for inexpensive days in Singapore.

If however one starts going to paid attractions, then it can mount up, but $100 pp pd is another mean average.

As for ''Customised plans'' absolutely not needed. All the help you need in planning is right here on the Singapore forum, for free.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
7,399 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What is good: package by MMT or Yatra or customised plan

Looks like these are Indian companies. The majority of the regulars here may not be familiar with them. You get more control and certainty over the quality of hotels you stay at and the places you visit if you do it yourself. Different travellers have different expectations and some had been unhappy with what they got through the travel agencies. It may or may not work for you as we are all different.

Edited: 20 May 2017, 10:57
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
722 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: What is good: package by MMT or Yatra or customised plan

Assuming you're staying somewhere downtown, bus & MRT fares inside the city area (where most of the attractions are) will cost between SGD $0.77 to $1.07 per trip with the EZ-Link Card. Commuting to the city outskirts like Harbourfront MRT & Botanic Garden MRT cost up to $1.23 per trip.

Commuting to outlying attractions like the Zoo, the Safaris & the Bird Park cost around $1.90 each way, but they take about 80-90 minutes & require train-to-bus transfers. Metered taxis to these destinations cost around $19 to $22 per trip, taking about 30 minutes. Uber/Grab cost around $17.50 to $19 at the cheapest, according to an online calculator.

Food costs about $4.50 ($3 noodles + $1.50 soft drink; a cup of hot tea costs about $1.20) at the hawker centre; & about $6 for the same at mall food courts.

6-bun bread packs (filled with kaya jam, red bean, coconut, lotus seed paste, etc.) cost about $0.95 to $1.20 at the supermarket chains. A steamed meat bun costs between $0.70 to $1.50 depending on the fillings (some stalls require minimum 2 purchases for the cheapest buns). Kiosk finger food like curry puffs, chicken wing & fishball/chicken nugget sticks costs around $1.50 to $1.80 each. A plain McDonald's hamburger is $2.00.

Paid attractions charge different entry fees (check their official websites). Some of them can be cheaper as part of bundled offers. But there's lots of free sightseeing places here too.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel, Holiday Travel
Level Contributor
21,753 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What is good: package by MMT or Yatra or customised plan

You can search for comments and reviews by people who have used Yatra or MMT (I assume this is Make My Trip). Do separate searches, and type one of their names into the search box just above your question and then select 'All Forums' to search. You can read what other experiences of them have been.

North Yorkshire...
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Rhodes
Level Contributor
6,083 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: What is good: package by MMT or Yatra or customised plan

Minxbaby. On the contrary, we regulars are indeed VERY familiar we these two outfits, we have many of us commented in the past on them both, few if any of them positively.

KEEP AWAY from agents, unless you really cannot figure it out yourselves and with TA's help, in which case you probably shouldn't be leaving home.

With SingaporeNancy, AvantiSG, Schonefeld, Mankster, Myrm, Josh and a little help from me and indeed regulars that are not DEs, there more help here than ever you'll be able to find in any travel shop. They do it for money, we're even stranger than that, we do it because we like it.................I know, I often wonder myself......WHY ? I sometimes wonder, we just do. LOL

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java
Level Contributor
54,041 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What is good: package by MMT or Yatra or customised plan

Yogesh T, hi and welcome to TA forums!

1/ in this forum you'll hardly encounter a review on India based travel agents. TA members prefer and recommend DIY approch - it saves tons of money, gives you maximum flexibility and sense of self-dependence.

2/ 100 SGD per pax per day is the comfortable tourist approximation, if you can manage on less - cool. But having smth extra in your pocket whilst travelling is a wise strategy.

Singapore
Level Contributor
807 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What is good: package by MMT or Yatra or customised plan

ddiggs, I've used some other TA forums for my trips abroad and none come close to the level of support and information provided here. amazeballs.

anyhoos i reckon Singapore is a great destination for the DIY first timer, with or without TA forums.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java
Level Contributor
54,041 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What is good: package by MMT or Yatra or customised plan

@gumbokins, hey

I can not agree more. The level of travel assistance provided on Singapore forum is unparalleled. And never repeated in any other TA destination...

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
7,399 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What is good: package by MMT or Yatra or customised plan

Oh, I recognise Make My Trip but not the shortform MMT. Thanks Avanti_SG for pointing that out. Make My Trip has received some bad feedback here but not in my recollection Yatra. And I can't find any either when I do a search on the Singapore forum. There are some negative feedback on Yatra in other forums.

Edited: 20 May 2017, 17:28
Reply to: What is good: package by MMT or Yatra or customised plan
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted