We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thinking of Singapore

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Thinking of Singapore

Hi guys.

Thinking of planning a trip for next year and I'm thinking Singapore may be a good trip.

My question is however, what is the ideal length of stay in a place like Singapore. Especially after recovering from the flight etc.

I'm thinking of flying on a Thursday and returning the following Friday. But then I wonder if 7-8 days is enough?

9 replies to this topic
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
13,713 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thinking of Singapore

I think that's just fine, including adjusting to the time difference.

North Yorkshire...
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Rhodes
Level Contributor
6,601 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Thinking of Singapore

I'd say 7-8 days would be a minimum to fall in love with Singapore. If Singapore is a " stopover" from one place to another, fine. If it's a destination from the UK then I would suggest a minimum of 14 days, again as a minimum.

Have a look at the link and see what Singapore has to offer and decide how long you might like to stay.

Have a great trip.

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
126 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thinking of Singapore

Definitely go if you can, Singapore is fantastic, but be warned, it can be addictive! We usually manage to stay for around 10 nights, but it is never enough for us. If you can possibly manage longer I am sure you will find lots to do and with some time to relax too!

Happy researching & travels.

Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java, Singapore
Level Contributor
56,998 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thinking of Singapore

I would say that 9-10 days sound even better.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
869 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Thinking of Singapore

8 days is ideal if you intend to leisurely cover the wildlife parks, Sentosa, & all the downtown areas (except the museums at Bras Basah/City Hall):

Day 1 - Marina Bay/GBTB

Day 2 - Zoo (full day)

Day 3 - USS (full day)

Day 4 - River Safari/Night Safari

Day 5 - Botanic Gardens/Orchard/Little India

Day 6 - Bird Park/Singapore River

Day 7 - Sentosa/Vivocity

Day 8 - Kampong Glam/Bugis/Chinatown

Subtract or add accordingly, depending on your interests.

6. Re: Thinking of Singapore

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2017, 02:18
Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Thinking of Singapore

I'd love to go for 12-18 nights but I don't think Work would like that!

Infact I wish I could go over for a month lol.

It seems Singapore is a popular choice over places like Malaysia / Philippines so I'm going to do some heavy research and hopefully sort my trip out.

Ballarat, Australia
Level Contributor
1,746 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Thinking of Singapore

We did 5 days in February this year. It was a good length of time for us. Sure, we didn't see everything Singapore has to offer, but that can't be done in so many places over the world. We saw plenty of sights- including wild otters!- and got around on the trains soooo easily, it makes it enjoyable to get around.

I think 7 days would be a terrific time there.

Level Contributor
74 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Thinking of Singapore

Our last trip was for 7 days and while we saw a lot and had a wonderful time it would have been lovely to have been there longer and to have time to sit and watch the world pass by.

Singapore is one place I keep returning to, so much to see and do.

Reply to: Thinking of Singapore
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted