We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which train stop?

perth, australia
Level Contributor
533 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Which train stop?

Which stop would I get off when I catch the mrt from Changi airport to Panpacific marinabay?

16 replies to this topic
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
721 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Which train stop?

Hotel Pan Pacific is walkable from Promenade MRT, Esplanade MRT & City Hall MRT. Each station has several exits so look at the signage for the exit you want.

Here is a map of the underground pedestrian network in the area, linking the 3 MRT stations, 7 City Hall/Marina Centre malls (Raffles City, subterranean CityLink Mall, subterranean City Link Mall, Suntec City, Marina Square, Millenia Walk, Esplanade Theatres):

…blogspot.com/-1z0WyX4PAgg/…cityhall.png

I still prefer to alight at City Hall MRT & stroll over (without luggage). It's a slightly longer route, but window-shopping along CityLink Mall allows me to while away the time in air-con comfort (& also buy a cup of bubble tea). But it's less convenient to reach Hotel Pan Pacific since the busy Raffles Boulevard stretch on the ground level has no traffic lights, so pedestrians must go up & down the overhead bridges to cross the road.

Esplanade MRT is more for those heading specifically to Suntec City or Esplanade Theatres (waterfront). Promenade MRT caters more to office workers (it's the quietest shopping stretch) & is also within a block of Singapore Flyer/Helix Bridge. In your case, the latter is the least unobstructed route to reach Hotel Pan Pacific.

perth, australia
Level Contributor
533 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Which train stop?

Prob direct might be better Thankyou

perth, australia
Level Contributor
533 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Which train stop?

This is our 5th time to Singapore but have never stayed at the marinabay area before we actually love the experience of the mrt we arrive on a Saturday at midday

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
966 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Which train stop?

I would just get a taxi and save the mrt trip for other days of your holiday!

Kent
Level Contributor
1,070 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Which train stop?

When we were travelling with our girls we would grab a taxi between the airport and hotel to make things easier but the last couple of trips it has just been us two we take the MRT with no trouble and its a good chance to stretch our legs :)

Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Which train stop?

Promenade MRT requires less walking. If you stop at City Hall, you need to walk thru an underground shoppping maze to Pan Pacific for 10 mins.

Reply to: Which train stop?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted