We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Central Hotel for Family

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
167 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Central Hotel for Family

Hello - I am hoping to get some help looking for a family friendly hotel to base ourselves at to explore Singapore.

I am looking for a central hotel for my family to stay in mid-April for 6 nights. There will be 4 of us. The children will be 7 and 10 so we could possible squeeze into a room with 2 doubles, but would prefer interconnecting rooms (a double and 2 singles). Ideally max S$350 per night total. I generally like around 4*+ hotels with 4*+ reviews on Trip Advisor, or 8+ reviews on booking.com. A swimming pool is a must.

Thank you for any ideas :)

21 replies to this topic
Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
6,762 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Central Hotel for Family

>>S$350 per night total<<

The budget is too low if you want 2 interconnecting rooms at a 4-star hotel with a lot of positive reviews. For one room to fit all 4 of you, you can consider Fairmont or Holiday Inn Orchard City Centre.

Edited: 11 August 2017, 19:49
Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
6,762 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Central Hotel for Family

The Executive room at Novotel Clarke Quay can also accommodate 2A and 2C with rollaway beds.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
167 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Central Hotel for Family

Thanks minxbaby, maybe that is why I am struggling! :)

What budget would you suggest I need to look at get what I suggested I like?

North Yorkshire...
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Rhodes
Level Contributor
6,024 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Central Hotel for Family

4star+ for interconnected rooms isn't going to happen in Singapore. You either need to up the budget or look for a family room.

The Village Hotel Bugis has a fantastic pool and would be in your price range. It is really well located and within a few minutes walk to the MRT and excellent bus routes.

Contact them directly for the best deal, they are always open to sensible offers. It's a good 3+ star hotel and value for money.

Good luck and happy researching.

villagehotel.com.sg/bugis/…

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
167 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Central Hotel for Family

Thank you ddiggs2015! What sort of budget would you think is realistic for 4star+ for interconnected rooms?

I have actually been looking at The Village Hotel Bugis. Nice to know you rate both the location and the pool. Do you know if I am correct in thinking the Deluxe rooms are upgraded and worth the extra dollars?

Thank you

North Yorkshire...
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Rhodes
Level Contributor
6,024 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Central Hotel for Family

I stay at one of it's sister hotels, The Albert Court, but I've swum in the pool at Bugis many times. I've also eaten there many times. I can't testify as to the upgrades, but if it's anything like the "Albert" I'd say it was well worth it.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java
Level Contributor
53,359 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Central Hotel for Family

Novotel and Swiss MC have similar family packages with 50% discount on the second room. Please check directly.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java
Level Contributor
53,359 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Central Hotel for Family

For the budget option, I can also suggest holiday inn Express Clarke quay - two rooms will fit your budget, and they have free breakfast in all room types. Facilities are too notch.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
6,762 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Central Hotel for Family

You need S$450-S$500. If you can stay minimum 7 nights, you can also look at Service Apartments eg 8 on Claymore, Fraser Robertson Quay for more choices.

The Deluxe rooms at Village Hotel Bugis are refurbished so look fresher and newer. Their reviews are quite mixed so may not meet your expectations.

Edited: 11 August 2017, 21:16
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
109 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Central Hotel for Family

Have a look at the Hotel Boss and also the Destination Hotel. Have stayed at both. Small rooms but modern and comfortable with pools and close to MRT. Worth checking if rates more favourable if booked directly.

Reply to: Central Hotel for Family
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted