We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airline recommendations Syd-Sin

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
10 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Airline recommendations Syd-Sin

Hi, anyone have recommendations for Syd to Sin travels? I have traveled Scoot on my own but this time will be travelling with husband and two teenagers. Any tips as to when the Airlines have sales? Or how far in advance I should book? We are wanting to travel next Feb- Mar.

3 replies to this topic
Singapore
Level Contributor
582 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airline recommendations Syd-Sin

You can use skyscanner.com or their app to see which airilines fly from Syd to Sin and their prices for the period you are intending to fly.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel, Holiday Travel
Level Contributor
21,374 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airline recommendations Syd-Sin

Qantas/Emirates had a sale about a month ago on fares. I was looking at March, 2018. Really low fares AU$596 return Bris to Singapore so Sydney departures would have been similar or a bit more, now prices have jumped up again to nearly $800. Singapore airlines prices are high at present for next year dates.

I sign up on the airlines own websites for email airfare sale alerts and jump in and book immediately if the sale fits my dates. I've done two Singapore trips using Qantas on the way over and home on Emirates last year. Really good. I felt they were better than my experience of Singapore airlines in March this year.

I nearly grabbed that $596 fare recently because it was so cheap but I'd done 3 trips to Singapore within 12 months so thought another so soon was a bit excessive...LOL

I use imatrix and keep checking it regularly as well as waiting for those airline email alerts. Here's imatrix-

https://matrix.itasoftware.com/

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
5,868 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airline recommendations Syd-Sin

For flights in Feb/March Scoot flights are about $350 compared to Singapore Airlines $837.

Know which one I would pick.

Reply to: Airline recommendations Syd-Sin
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted