We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sim cards in singapore

Dubai, United Arab...
7 posts
Save Topic
sim cards in singapore

how can we purchase the Simcard in singapore for using 5 dyas . Is there any offer for unlimited international call and data . Since most of the hotels are providing free wifi , is it required to purchase singapore sim cards . I have indian simcard in my apple 5s . Will it work for WIFI in singapore

8 replies to this topic
Wrexham, UK
Level Contributor
1,240 posts
264 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sim cards in singapore

You should get free wifi at your hotel (but check), and in just a few other locations. Your SIM card from India will not help you get wifi.

We always buy a Singtel SIM card. It's best to buy at the airport, because you'll need to produce your passport to buy one. Starhub is another company.

Check out the Singtel options for Pay as you go cards at https:/…hitouristsimcards

Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
13,713 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sim cards in singapore

You don't even need a SIM in your phone to use Wifi.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
6,189 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: sim cards in singapore

<< Will it work for WIFI in Singapore >>

If you only intend to use your hotel free wifi, you do not a Singapore SIM card or any SIM card. Just turn on your wifi button on your mobile phone.

Only if you intend to use 4G data for internet access on your mobile phone will you then need a SIM card. Prepaid SIM is available from the three (3) major telecom companies in Singapore :

1) SingTel

2) StarHub

3) M1

Edited: 13 August 2017, 18:37
Level Contributor
798 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: sim cards in singapore

I used to have a phone which does not work if there is no SIM card detected. So unless your phone also is in this situation, you do not require to purchase any local SIM card just to use WIFI

Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java, Singapore
Level Contributor
56,998 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: sim cards in singapore

The cell with your Indian sim card will pick up the free WiFi in a hotel easily.

Out of personal experience I never bother with a local Sim whilst travelling, I'm very happy free WiFi to pick up where available.

Pune, India
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: sim cards in singapore

On my recent visit I bought M1 at 15 SGD which gave me 100gb of 4G with some calls and texts for around 5 days. I felt it was totally worth it as I tend to use lot of Google maps on the go and for other searches.

Dubai, United Arab...
7 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: sim cards in singapore

Thanks for all feed backs . I will purchase a sim from the airport for 15 dollers and hope this will me to keep connected

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
54 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: sim cards in singapore

starhub.com/personal/…visiting-singapore.html I usually get one of These!

Reply to: sim cards in singapore
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travellers like you.
Join TripAdvisor