We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in November

England
Level Contributor
85 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Weather in November

Hi There

We are travelling to Singapore in November I know the weather has been unpredictable most places.

Anybody know what the monsoon period is usually like? What should I expect?

Anybody there now that can tell me what the weathers like please? I'm there first week in November.

Please advise

Thanks in advance

6 replies to this topic
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
667 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in November

November is our wettest month of the year. But the monsoon traditionally arrives in the 2nd half of the month, so you may luck out.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java
Level Contributor
52,358 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in November

Hi

The weather in November 2017 will be hot, humid with occasional rain +27 to +32C. I hope you find this satisfactory.

North Yorkshire...
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Rhodes
Level Contributor
5,815 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in November

To visitors there is mostly only one weather in Singapore, hot, humid and mostly short, heavy downpours that last 20-40mins, occasionally it does rain for extended periods and is more likely to happen in the Nov-Jan months, than say Feb-Jun, no guarantees really.

It can happen anytime of the year, as indeed can dry periods.

All I can say, the weather in Singapore has never interfered, in any major way, with our trips.

Trust me, coming from the UK, you'll think you've died and gone to heaven, even with a bit of rain.

Edited: 13 October 2017, 15:01
Cambridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
8,648 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in November

The seasonal difference is somethign you notice while living in Singapore not as a visitor on a snap shot. The driest months have rain one day in three, the wettest a little under one day in two. The wet months have an elevated chance of extended rain days rather than the normal massive cloudburst that goes away in an hour or less.

Whatever time of year you go you can see any weather pattern Singapore sees because it is tropical rainy as a climate, and the variance is low...for example the daily variation in temperature through the day/night cycle is wider than the seasonal one. I have been in a dry month just as they finished pumping Orchard Road out after a weeks non stop rain, and I have been in a wet month and not seen a drop. As suh you coukd delay this trip to avoid rain and end up gettig washed out.

Weather issues could affect you any time, they should affect you only to a limited extent and for a UK based person visiting in a snapshot of time makes no difference in term of how you plan your trip. You might see rain and you need a plan to cope with it if it is sufficient to affect your day.

Edited: 13 October 2017, 15:24
England
Level Contributor
85 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in November

That's great thanks...I love the heat so I'm not complaining at all about those temperatures

Thanks all for your feedback

Level Contributor
52 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather in November

Glad that you don't have any issue with heat but there can be unpredictable weather like sudden rain. But I think it is okay!!

Reply to: Weather in November
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted