We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in November

England
Level Contributor
87 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in November

Hi There

We are travelling to Singapore in November I know the weather has been unpredictable most places.

Anybody know what the monsoon period is usually like? What should I expect?

Anybody there now that can tell me what the weathers like please? I'm there first week in November.

Please advise

Thanks in advance

Mentioned in this post
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
17 replies to this topic
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
1,097 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in November

November is our wettest month of the year. But the monsoon traditionally arrives in the 2nd half of the month, so you may luck out.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java, Singapore
Level Contributor
61,369 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in November

Hi

The weather in November 2017 will be hot, humid with occasional rain +27 to +32C. I hope you find this satisfactory.

North Yorkshire...
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Rhodes
Level Contributor
6,710 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in November

To visitors there is mostly only one weather in Singapore, hot, humid and mostly short, heavy downpours that last 20-40mins, occasionally it does rain for extended periods and is more likely to happen in the Nov-Jan months, than say Feb-Jun, no guarantees really.

It can happen anytime of the year, as indeed can dry periods.

All I can say, the weather in Singapore has never interfered, in any major way, with our trips.

Trust me, coming from the UK, you'll think you've died and gone to heaven, even with a bit of rain.

Edited: 13 October 2017, 15:01
Mentioned in this post
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
Cambridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
10,080 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in November

The seasonal difference is somethign you notice while living in Singapore not as a visitor on a snap shot. The driest months have rain one day in three, the wettest a little under one day in two. The wet months have an elevated chance of extended rain days rather than the normal massive cloudburst that goes away in an hour or less.

Whatever time of year you go you can see any weather pattern Singapore sees because it is tropical rainy as a climate, and the variance is low...for example the daily variation in temperature through the day/night cycle is wider than the seasonal one. I have been in a dry month just as they finished pumping Orchard Road out after a weeks non stop rain, and I have been in a wet month and not seen a drop. As suh you coukd delay this trip to avoid rain and end up gettig washed out.

Weather issues could affect you any time, they should affect you only to a limited extent and for a UK based person visiting in a snapshot of time makes no difference in term of how you plan your trip. You might see rain and you need a plan to cope with it if it is sufficient to affect your day.

Edited: 13 October 2017, 15:24
Mentioned in this post
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
Orchard Road
Orchard Road
11,319 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
England
Level Contributor
87 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in November

That's great thanks...I love the heat so I'm not complaining at all about those temperatures

Thanks all for your feedback

Level Contributor
101 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather in November

Glad that you don't have any issue with heat but there can be unpredictable weather like sudden rain. But I think it is okay!!

England
Level Contributor
87 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather in November

Hi guys

Just wanted to ask....will I need a cardigan in the evenings or does it remain fairly warm?

Thanks

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java, Singapore
Level Contributor
61,369 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather in November

Hello

Cardigan may be needed during the flight, so I'd suggest to have it in your hand luggage, many àirlines keep the cabin cold on long hauls. In singapore ( on equator) it will not be of use.

T-shirts will do much better.

Cambridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
10,080 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Weather in November

<<....will I need a cardigan in the evenings or does it remain fairly warm? >>

Quick answer - really, no.

To provide a decent amount of context to that strident comment and give you something to actually make your decision on here's some details. My great aunt insisted on bringing her cardigan out to Singapore despite advice that it was unnecessary - 'just in case of a cold snap' - because she insisted that 'you never know what might happen outside'. After an uncomfortable evening for her at Prima Towers restaurant, it disappeared never to return on the trip.

The evening temperature is still mid to high 20s in Singapore. As I type, its coming up to midnight there and the weather stations I can find online are giving me temperatures of 27-28 degrees. The lowest temperature ever recorded in Singapore was 19 degrees. That's a warm day for me here in the UK and what my house thermostat is set at.

Indoors, well the air-conditioning where I have seen temperature gauges is set in the low to mid 20s (I see 21-24 on many a setting). As you walk into a mall or similar, if you walk under the chiller airflow that will be cold as anything but that can be running down near 4 degrees to cool the place.

Once away from the airflows, both for their actual air temperature and their wind chill factor then air-conditioning feels chilly for a bit compared to outside for a while obviously. However, you adapt again fairly swiftly and I feel no need for anything more than a t-shirt or short sleeve shirt. if you were sat under one for dinner in a restaurant it might be a different matter. I tend to move if I'm under a chiller flow if its that noticeable, but even then it only needs to be a light cover to keep the airflow off the skin e.g. a long sleeve shirt and so stop it being vastly noticeable.

Really, really leave the cardigan at home and you will be fine. The most likely place you will want one is the airplane...and they give blankets normally.

Edited: 31 October 2017, 00:45
Mentioned in this post
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
England
Level Contributor
87 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Weather in November

Thank you so much all.....your points have been duly noted.

Look forward to experiencing some heat for a change.....managed Dubai so I presume Sg can't be much different.

Thanks again

Reply to: Weather in November
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted