We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Singapore Pass worth it?

Level Contributor
55 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Is Singapore Pass worth it?

Hello, I plan to visit Gardens by the Bay and the Singapore Zoo. I found combo deals via SingaporePass.com and there doesn't seem to be a time limit except it expires in 5 days. I only save $5 with the pass than buying tickets directly at the attraction.

What I mostly care about is having to wait in line at each attraction if I did not get the pass. Are the lines really that bad?

13 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
55 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Singapore Pass worth it?

Oops, I save $27, not $5.

Cambridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
8,648 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Singapore Pass worth it?

Lines? Last time I went it was school holidays so pretty busy - the queue at GBTB consisted of one person, the zoo was longer and I was queuing for 5mins as they dealt with the 40people in front of me. Had I got their earlier the queue would have been smaller. You do need to avoid arriving just as the block of tourist buses arrive though as that causes a rush. Equally if you visit more than one animal park, go to the quietist first, get a Parkhopper ticket and then no need to queue for tickets at any of the others that you visit.

So no, lines in Singapore tend not to be bad (nor do I routinely see statements to the effect that they have bad lines there). Even places where queues can get bad that's normally avoidable somehow (eg timing, or ticketing).

You can save with a Singapore Airlines boarding pass stub, or membership of the Krisflyer program on their boarding pass privileges - or by using a Parkhopper ticket, or the right ticket agent in town if prepared to go pick them up. Whether pass is worth it depends upon what you intend to buy on the 3 or 5 item pass...though that pass seems to have got more reasonable on the time control than many others - still if staying more than 5 days that limit is a pain potentially.

Edited: 13 October 2017, 15:53
Cambridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
8,648 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is Singapore Pass worth it?

27SGD is quite a bit - can you lay out the pricing there - because they don't do 2 item cards from their website that I can see so there is another item involved at least.

Level Contributor
55 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is Singapore Pass worth it?

I only have 2 full days in Singapore and am planning to visit Gardens by the Bay (28 SGD), Singapore Zoo (38 SGD). Forgot about savings for the third activity -- I'm looking at Night Safari (45 SGD).

Since you say the lines are not too bad, I might pass on this pass. I'm visiting on a Tuesday and Wednesday. Wednesday would be going to the GBTB for sure.

North Yorkshire...
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Rhodes
Level Contributor
5,815 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Is Singapore Pass worth it?

I think with passes generally, they are often overloaded with more than you can reasonably do on a comfortable time allowance. In other words, one has to get a trot on to get your "value for money", limiting the time you have at each attraction.

I favour, "pay as you go", it gives one total flexibility to change ones mind.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java
Level Contributor
52,358 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is Singapore Pass worth it?

hi

I would suggest to consider buying tickets on the spot as an advantage ( instead of passes and packages), as it gives you room to maneuver if smth is changes ( your mind, weather etc). No tours or guides needed. It`s easy-breezy and totally recommended to do SIN in DIY basis, it gives you a flexibility with plans, sense of self-dependence and saves money. Top Questions links on the top of this page are great help and starting point for your itinerary planning together with

yoursingapore.com

http://gothere.sg/maps

Cambridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
8,648 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is Singapore Pass worth it?

You are saving 21SGD over full price standard tickets, not 27. If you got the zoo and night safari as a parkhopper for 59SGD you lose out by 10SGD on the 97SGD of the singapore pass.

Please note the many threads covering the significant issues that can arise from doing Zoo and Night Safari on the same day as you seem to be planning. You could go to Zoo and River Safari and with a Parkhopper save10more vs the 97SGD pass

Edited: 13 October 2017, 19:27
Level Contributor
55 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is Singapore Pass worth it?

Thank you for everyone's help! If I'm not getting the pass, then I will only be doing GBTB and the zoo, on separate days. The Night Safari was only a bonus if I purchase the pass. You are right on the flexibility -- November seems to be a wet rainy season in Singapore.

Since I'll be visiting on a weekday, the lines shouldn't be bad because school is in session right? Do you have recommended time of day to visit?

Cambridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
8,648 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is Singapore Pass worth it?

Its always wet and rainy in Singapore. It is a tropical wet environment. The so called wet season is simply an increased risk, not a big change of climate. So you need to consider rain anytime.

I will reiterate the idea of the zoo and river safari as a full day but that means start first thing when the zoo opens and visit both. You get the chance to see pandas.....49SgD with a Parkhopper and arriving at opening tends to avoid the majority of the ticket queues. If you have the right tech you could buy online and save a but more and avoid the ticket queues. Use the evening to relax after the long day. If you want an easier day then just do the zoo but getting there first thing is still a good idea.

Gardens by the Bay can be take in a much more relaxed fashion

Edited: 14 October 2017, 16:55
Level Contributor
55 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Is Singapore Pass worth it?

Thank you for everyone's help!

Reply to: Is Singapore Pass worth it?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted