We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day visit to Singapore

Vaasa, Finland
Level Contributor
41 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Day visit to Singapore

I will be stopping in Singapore en route from Bali to Finland. My flight will arrive around midnight and I've already booked accommodation at the airport. My forward flight leaves @ 11:40 PM. As I do have many hours in between and never been to Singapore I would like to do so. I was wondering if hop-on hop-off bus tour is worth it? Could you also recommend one stop kind of places that are easily reached in Chinatown & Little India to do some quick souvenir shopping (thinking of chinese lanterns, textiles etc.) & eating? Any tips are welcome :)

6 replies to this topic
North Yorkshire...
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Rhodes
Level Contributor
5,815 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Day visit to Singapore

It's always difficult to suggest what one might want to do or see in so short a time, because we're all different, with differing ways to choose to spend our time.

That said, it's very easy to spend an entire day without ever leaving Chinatown, just wandering about and enjoying the atmosphere. For sure you won't go hungry, Maxwell's Hawker I would suggest is a must.

The link makes a few suggestions that may or may not suit you, but it a place to start your research.

Happy hunting and please do pop back with any specific questions you might have.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attractions-g2…

Edited: 13 October 2017, 19:04
Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java
Level Contributor
52,358 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day visit to Singapore

hi

For souvenir shopping, trinkets and textiles we have one place that has EVERYTHING - check MUSTAFA in ,Little India.

Vaasa, Finland
Level Contributor
41 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day visit to Singapore

Thank you both.

Yes, I undertand that's difficult to give recommendations. On this visit I'm looking forward to get some sort of idea of Singapore in an easy way so that's why I'm considering the bus tour. It depends on the weather of course. Marina Bay is on my list besides Little India and Chinatown. Besides shopping I would like to take a tour on Flyer or get a similar view from elsewhere. And take some photos, too!

Mustafa I have read about so that might be my stop in Little India :)

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
5,970 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day visit to Singapore

Pagoda Street (Chinatown MRT Station Exit A) has quite a few souvenir shops.

Edited: 13 October 2017, 21:18
Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
5,970 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Day visit to Singapore

For textiles, try People's Park Food Centre (on the second floor). https:/…

6. Re: Day visit to Singapore

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 15 October 2017, 14:05

Reply to: Day visit to Singapore
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted