We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Queries Singapore to Malaysia (asian)

5 posts
Save Topic
Queries Singapore to Malaysia (asian)

Hello everyone, I am again here with a very important question.

We (My husband, my 2 yrs old son & I) are planning to travel to Singapore 4 or 5 days and then to Malaysia for 2- 3 days holding Asian (Pakistani) passport. Can any one tell us while crossing the border from Singapore to Malaysia by bus is very chaotic and pathetic ?

Do we need to show $1000/person while crossing the border? Is it necessary? What will happen if we don't have this much amount?

Will it be a bad decision to travel by bus to Malaysia with a 2 yr lad?

Are there any buses which are luxurious? If yes, what is the ticket cost per person and timings of these buses leaving for Singapore?

7 replies to this topic
Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
5,970 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Queries Singapore to Malaysia (asian)

TA forums are classified by destinations. Immigration questions regarding Malaysia should be posted in the Malaysia forum. If I'm not wrong, you need to apply an Evisa or eNTRI beforehand.

The members here mostly recommend flight over bus for a trip to KL. Unfortunately no one can look into a crystal ball and accurately predict the cross border traffic situation since it is the result of independent decisions of 400,000 to 430,000 individuals every day.

There are too many bus operators and timings for someone to list for you. Pls understand we are just volunteers here helping out fellow travellers, not travel agents so we can't possibly do all the work for you. You can look up the various operators mentioned in the discussion thread I linked to in your previous thread or use http://www.easybook.com to search. If you choose a bus operator simply based on price and timing, chances are you will get an unpleasant experience. Research before booking anything, not after.

Edited: 13 October 2017, 20:01
Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
5,970 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Queries Singapore to Malaysia (asian)

I will post the link here again https://www.tripadvisor.com.sg/ShowTopic-g29…

Pls go through post #27

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java
Level Contributor
52,358 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Queries Singapore to Malaysia (asian)

Fatimah F, hi

Start from visa questions....SIN and MAL are two different countries and each visit requires a separate visa for Pakistani passport holders. If you plan to enter and exit from SIN ( with side trip to MAL by bus) you need a multi visa for Singapore...

4. Re: Queries Singapore to Malaysia (asian)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 13 October 2017, 21:11
Edited: 13 October 2017, 21:11

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
5,970 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Queries Singapore to Malaysia (asian)

Pakistan passport holders can apply for eVisa through the official Malaysian Government portal. There is no Visa on Arrival or eNTRI option. tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293951-i7006-k105…

5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Queries Singapore to Malaysia (asian)

You guys are really a big help.

Yeah definitely it requires Malaysian visa to enter it, i need to ask what is the situation as I have read that officials made it really terrible to cross the border and asking too many questions plus they want to show us atleast $1000 (SGD) per person otherwise donot let to pass the border. Is it so?

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java
Level Contributor
52,358 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Queries Singapore to Malaysia (asian)

About Mal immigration requirements you better consult on Malaysia forum:

https:/…ShowForum-g293951-i7006-Malaysia.html

Reply to: Queries Singapore to Malaysia (asian)
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted