We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tanjong Pagar - Family Friendly

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
12 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Tanjong Pagar - Family Friendly

Our group(6 pax ) exit SG airport apx by 8 am, unfortunately early check in is not possible.

The best suitable time to check in given to me is NOON.

Can someone suggest me a place in or around Tanjong Pagar where we can take a quick shower and keep our lugged safe.

I am planning to explore SG rather than waiting to get the room for 4 hours.

Appreciate your help fellow travelers !!!

15 replies to this topic
Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java
Level Contributor
52,358 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tanjong Pagar - Family Friendly

Rahul_Mumbai09, hi

Right after arrival just go to your hotel, if they do not have rooms ready immediately for you, you can store your luggage with them till the official check-in time. Any hotel in Singapore ( where you gonna stay) will do it for free.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
5,970 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tanjong Pagar - Family Friendly

I see in your other post that you have booked AirBnB. Pls note that renting residential properties for under 3 months is illegal in Singapore no matter which plarform you find the booking. I would suggest you cancel your booking and book legal hotels or hostels.

Edited: 13 October 2017, 20:41
Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
12 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tanjong Pagar - Family Friendly

Opps i forgot its a grey area in SG .. let me delete the post , however my Friend (travelling with me) company has an apartment for employees and i guess his colleagues from other country is staying there and leaving at noon. that is the actual concern for us.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
12 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tanjong Pagar - Family Friendly

@ Schonefeld . we are 6 pax and booking 3 rooms will be expensive ... and suggested hostels ?

Jakarta
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
52,358 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tanjong Pagar - Family Friendly

<< i forgot its a grey area in SG .. let me delete the post>>

1/ its not a grey area. ITS ILLEGAL. And if you are booking it, you are participating in the illegal practice. And you can not claim that you did it inadvertently, because we warned you about it

2/ deleting a post on TA does not solve the problem, and does not bring the legality to airbnb accommodation that you booked.

3/ FYI: Singapore authorities monitor TA forum. << that is the actual concern for us.>>

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
12 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tanjong Pagar - Family Friendly

Well Office owned apartment should be fine isnt it? My friend said he has stayed there previously.

SG is their HQ i think

7. Re: Tanjong Pagar - Family Friendly

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 13 October 2017, 21:35

Jakarta
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
52,358 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tanjong Pagar - Family Friendly

If in your previous topic you said: airbnb, and now its <<their HQ>>.... how do WE know which one is the truth?

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
5,970 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tanjong Pagar - Family Friendly

The purpose for which the property can be used is determined by whether it is registered as a residential property and not who the owner is.

Cambridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
8,648 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tanjong Pagar - Family Friendly

<<Opps i forgot its a grey area in SG>>

No it isn't, not in the slightest bit grey nor has it every been. Please don't try and 'oooops' out on that sort of misinformation.

When it was a devolved authority's legal guideline people with a vested interest used to play word games to try and present it as grey to justify their attempt to get round regulations. To work those word games required use of lay definition of terms in legal context rather than the actual proper legal definition the context require.

Now its primary legislation, and there is still no grey area merely a different point of legislation and additional powers for enforcement which was the main reason for primary legislation. Renting residential zoned property for less than three months aint legal - black and white, not grey.

Corporate housing often was and still can be zoned differently to get round this, but came with requirements and limitations to jeep it away from the open market and limit local nuisance, so it depends entirely on what the paperwork says.

Edited: 13 October 2017, 22:16
Reply to: Tanjong Pagar - Family Friendly
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted