We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

LOI for Singapore Tourist Visa

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
Save Topic
LOI for Singapore Tourist Visa

Hi,

I (Indian passport holder) am planning to travel to Singapore in January with my family. I don't know any PR holder or citizen of Singapore. How can I obtain the Letter of Introduction (LOI) from Indian embassy / High Commission?

Anyone had any experience with that? Can you share the email / website / contact details.

Thanks in advance,

A

27 replies to this topic
Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
7,397 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: LOI for Singapore Tourist Visa

Normally Indian passport holders have to apply through an authorised visa agent if they have no LOI. But there aren't any authorised agent in USA. The US website says to ask your embassy https:/…visa1.html

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java
Level Contributor
54,008 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: LOI for Singapore Tourist Visa

Hi

""Can you share the email / website / contact details.""

Of a person who wishes to vouchsafe for a stranger and give you a loi? Sorry, there's no such among us. You have to address the matter to the singapore embassy in USA. Usually visitors who have confirmed hotel booking do not require a loi. But again: consult with the embassy first. If they are not able to deal directly with your visa application, ask them to direct you to the authorized agents. For example, Canada has based visa agents, only recently we had a question about singapore visa application from Canada. And the matter was resolved with just having a hotel booking ( confirmed and paid), without loi.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
55 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: LOI for Singapore Tourist Visa

I am in the same boat. Indian embassy in Singapore won’t sign the v39a loi and the consulate in USA won’t give me a visa without LOI. So not sure what to do.

Level Contributor
476 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: LOI for Singapore Tourist Visa

Possible to take a tour package? Tour agent might able to help.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
544 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: LOI for Singapore Tourist Visa

Kindly contact to authorized agent from Singapore embassy website of your country.

LOI will not simply provide to the stranger from the local people. Unless you have a friend from Singapore.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
55 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: LOI for Singapore Tourist Visa

Some countries don't have authorized agents - For example USA. I am just going to cancel my trip and go somewhere else. :)

Luxembourg
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
4,770 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: LOI for Singapore Tourist Visa

Here is a possible solution, please read post #4: https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g29…

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
7,397 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: LOI for Singapore Tourist Visa

Huow, it wouldn't work as the passport must be submitted physically. https:/…

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
544 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: LOI for Singapore Tourist Visa

Could you check on below;

https:/…Visa_and_Entry_Requirements.html

I think this one can help and which is not asking LOI.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
55 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: LOI for Singapore Tourist Visa

If you click on Assesment Level 1 link you will see that V39A is a requirement. To the OP, if you can go to your home country before Singapore you can use an authorized agent to get a visa but looks like i am out of options in US. i emailed the consulate in NY and ica but have not heard back. Last option is to go the consulate and figure out if they can make an exception. Otherwise I will just cancel my trip and suck up the costs.

Edited: 10 November 2017, 10:22
Reply to: LOI for Singapore Tourist Visa
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted