We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Singapore-Malaysia Itinerary

New Delhi, India
14 posts
Save Topic
Singapore-Malaysia Itinerary

Hi! I'm planning a 7 day trip to Singapore and Malaysia starting 27th Dec-3rd Jan'18. I am travelling with my wife for a vacation. We are in late 20's and have key interest in Singapore culture, nightlife and cuisine. I have listed few places that I would like to visit and planned my itinerary as below

Day1: Afternoon arrival - hotel check in- Hotel budget around 30-50 USD any recommendation would be helpful looking for a hotel location which has plenty of eating options since we would want to eat outside our hotel on most occasions- Post check in stroll around Chinatown till evening ( dine at hawkers center )and then push off for Singapore Zoo/Night Safari and enjoy creatures of the night show- we can consider doing this in the daytime as well if people recommend visiting the zoo during day time rather than night and combine Jurong Bird Park and may be donate a full day for the combined activity.

Day2: Visit Orchard Street and spend the afternoon shopping- recommendation required to plan our evening may be we can visit Singapore Flyer and Marina Bay ( diner at Quay Bay )

Day 3: Little India, Hop on Bus Tour and then head for Gardens by the Bay, Flower Dome etc.

Day 4 & 5: Universal Studios & Sentosa Island- Should we keep 2 days for this or just one day is good enough. We want to take a midnight train to KL

Day 6: KL tower, PETRONAS at night, Jalon Alor etc.

Day7: Genting Highlands or Langkawi - take a midnight train to Singapore- If Universal Studio & Sentosa is recommended to be kept a one day trip then we can have a 3 day itinerary for Malaysia.

Day 8 : Head back to India - have an afternoon flight

Anything else we should include? or anything I included that we should just give a miss? Your thoughts and suggestions will be much appreciated. :)

Mentioned in this post
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
Chinatown
Chinatown
11,495 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Singapore Zoo
Singapore Zoo
19,247 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Night Safari
Night Safari
10,228 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Jurong Bird Park
Jurong Bird Park
4,460 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Singapore Flyer
Singapore Flyer
15,564 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Marina Bay
Marina Bay
11,126 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Gardens by the Bay
Gardens by the Bay
47,613 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Flower Dome
Flower Dome
5,419 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Universal Studios Singapore
Universal Studios...
16,923 Reviews
Sentosa Island, Singapore
Genting Highlands
Genting Highlands
Pahang, Malaysia
Langkawi
Langkawi
Langkawi District, Malaysia
33 replies to this topic
New Delhi, India
14 posts
Save Reply
21. Re: Singapore-Malaysia Itinerary

Hi I checked the internet and looks like it is a top up and go card that can be used for transportation and some retail stores. I went on the EZ link webpage and see an EZ link card with 7 days validity costs 50sd not sure if I am looking at the right page.

Please can you suggest how different is EZ link from tourist pass and some links to suggest the cost to buy one.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
11,629 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Singapore-Malaysia Itinerary

ezlink.com.sg/get-your-ez-link-card/where-th…

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
11,629 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Singapore-Malaysia Itinerary

https://www.tripadvisor.com.sg/ShowTopic-g29…

New Delhi, India
14 posts
Save Reply
24. Re: Singapore-Malaysia Itinerary

Superb link !!! also could someone suggest if I can get the park hopper pass at the counter as well with the same benefits or is it advisable to book it online.

Regards,

Vivek

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java, Singapore
Level Contributor
61,585 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Singapore-Malaysia Itinerary

<< is it advisable to book it online.>>

Flexibility is the key, we always suggest to buy on the spot on the day of visit. Park hopper tickets are valid for 7 days since the first park entry.

New Delhi, India
14 posts
Save Reply
26. Re: Singapore-Malaysia Itinerary

I see 4 park admission is available with 5% discount online would I get a similar discount if I pick up the same pass from the counter. Also is it advisable to add tram ride in Singapore Zoo and Jurong bird park or we should be good strolling on foot. Also if tram ride is advisable to add are the tram stations located at a convenient location or do we have to walk a lot to get to the tram station which would imply that we have to walk anyhow with or without tram.

Mentioned in this post
Singapore Zoo
Singapore Zoo
19,247 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Jurong Bird Park
Jurong Bird Park
4,460 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
New Delhi, India
14 posts
Save Reply
27. Re: Singapore-Malaysia Itinerary

Please can someone also advise if there we have any new year celebration on new year eve like a city celebration with some fireworks and all. Any suggestions on where to visit to experience the night life, clubs etc would be advisable.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java, Singapore
Level Contributor
61,585 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Singapore-Malaysia Itinerary

Marinabaycountdown.sg

Edited: 20 December 2017, 01:36
New Delhi, India
14 posts
Save Reply
29. Re: Singapore-Malaysia Itinerary

Would you suggest me booking the tram rides in Singapore zoo & Jurong Bird park as that's the difference between 4 park admission and Park hopper plus as there is a difference of almost 10 sd. Also is it more fun strolling on foot.

Mentioned in this post
Singapore Zoo
Singapore Zoo
19,247 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Jurong Bird Park
Jurong Bird Park
4,460 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
11,629 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: Singapore-Malaysia Itinerary

The trams do not replace the walking trails but can provide convenience when your legs are tired.

Edited: 21 December 2017, 10:40
Reply to: Singapore-Malaysia Itinerary
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted