We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help in planning the week in Singapore

Pune, India
11 posts
Save Topic
Need help in planning the week in Singapore

Hey guys

I'm travelling to Singapore on my honeymoon with my husband. We arrive on 22nd Nov and are leaving on the 28th of nov.

Need your help in planning the trip. We will be doin a few touristy things but we also want to explore the place and chill, go for coffee and explore the place on our own.

Planning to do universal on 23rd and sentosa on 24th.

Last 2 nights we will be staying in marina bay, should we do garden by the bay then?

We wanna do Singapore flyer and go to Clark quay and go bar hopping.

Also us there any party bus that takes u around at night and has drinks n all?

Pls let me know how do we go about this.

Appreciate your help :)

Simran

9 replies to this topic
Pune, India
11 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Need help in planning the week in Singapore

Also

Can I carry chewing gum and cigarettes for personal consumption in my handbag as my husband needs to chew gum while on flight and I've had friends who have carried cigarettes in their hand bag and there hasn't been an issue.

Little confused here...will there be any problem if I carry it ?

2. Re: Need help in planning the week in Singapore

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline with regards to harassment of another user. We will remove messages that include personal attacks or hostility directed at an individual user or group of users, threatening language or attempts to force a user to discontinue participation on our forums.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 November 2017, 22:40

Cambridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
8,930 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need help in planning the week in Singapore

<<Can I carry chewing gum>>

Only if it is a Singapore registered gum, with the registration marked on it. This is a recent change only a couple of months ago so please ignore older data.

<< as my husband needs to chew gum while on flight>>

Your husband may need to chew on the flight, but it doesnt need to be gum, even if thats his preference. You could in the short term use an alternative that isnt controlled in Singapore. If he chooses not to change that then simply take a minimal quantity but ditch any excess before entering (its not a high cost item) and then pick some Singaporean registered gum up.

<<cigarettes for personal consumption>>

Personal consumption is irrelevant here. Singapore has no duty free allowance for any tobacco related products. You must declare all of them and pay the duty they intend to levy. For standard cigarettes that currently a little under 40cents per cigarette. Occasionally they decide the amount is too small to justify staff time to collect if ou have few enough but that only works post declaration as it is an officer exercising powers not a permitted allowance.

<<I've had friends who have carried cigarettes in their hand bag and there hasn't been an issue.>>

Emulating friends who have smuggled items into Singapore by not declaring them isn't a good idea, they didnt get caught, but what would be your explanation if you got stopped and they found them. Its very clear on the Customs website and in their visible guides that these items have to be declared, so there is no excuse and possibly hefty fines.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
7,399 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need help in planning the week in Singapore

>>if you got stopped and they found them. Its very clear on the Customs website and in their visible guides that these items have to be declared, so there is no excuse and possibly hefty fines<<

Not possibly but definitely hefty. https:/…offences

5. Re: Need help in planning the week in Singapore

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 13 November 2017, 12:03

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
7,399 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need help in planning the week in Singapore

Pls familiarise yourself with this Act

straitstimes.com/singapore/what-you-can-or-c…

Pune, India
11 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Need help in planning the week in Singapore

Thanks for the help guys

Can you 'll pls help with the planned itinerary??

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
7,399 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Need help in planning the week in Singapore

You already have some ideas of what you want to do so arrange them into a daily itinerary and post here for comments.

I would say Gardens By The Bay is worth visiting even if you don't stay at MBS but that's me. You may have completely different interests so do some research on your own, look at photos and.decide if it is for you.

For more ideas, peruse the following sites:

tripadvisor.com.sg/Attractions-g294265-Activ…

http://www.visitsingapore.com/en.html

New York City, New...
7 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Need help in planning the week in Singapore

This is a nice list of places for local dishes and sushi in Singapore: https:/…7-must-have-local-eats-in-singapore. And a couple more recommendations from a chef here: https://gojourny.com/stories/journy-concierg…

Reply to: Need help in planning the week in Singapore
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted