We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Changi Airport to Johor Bahru

7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Changi Airport to Johor Bahru

Hi Guys

I will be arrriving at Changi Airport around 3pm at the end of the month. What will be the best way to go to Tropical Inn Hotel Johor Bahru? Im thingking of using the cross boaerder bus from Changi Airport but will the same bus wait for us on after passing on Woodsland CIQ immigration?

Last option ia taking a cross boarder taxi. Is this available on th airport upon arrival?

BTW im with my family with 2 kids. 4yrs old and 7 plus 3 luggage bag.

Any suggestion?

Thanks

Best Seller
Singapore Night Tour: Gardens By the...
332 reviews
from US$49.70*
Best Seller
Singapore Zoo with Transfer and...
1,732 reviews
from US$40.40*
5-Day Singapore City Pass with...
229 reviews
from US$124.20*
Best Seller
Singapore City Hop-On Hop-Off Tour
829 reviews
from US$32.00*
14 replies to this topic
Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
7,819 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Changi Airport to Johor Bahru

Cross border taxi is only available at Ban Street Taxi Terminal on Queen Street.

Someone shared their bus experience here

https://www.tripadvisor.com.sg/ShowTopic-g29…

Edited: 19 November 2017, 10:10
Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
7,819 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Changi Airport to Johor Bahru

Door-to-door private transfer will have to be arranged in advance.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
52 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Changi Airport to Johor Bahru

With 2 young kids and 3 luggage, the least hassle way to get from Singapore airport to JB is to arrange for a private car operator (not taxi) to pick you up from the airport and you sit in the car all the way without having to alight twice (with your luggage and kids) at the Singapore - Malaysia border crossing. The car will bring you all the way to your destination point. The earlier posts have links to the private car operators.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
2,049 posts
278 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Changi Airport to Johor Bahru

You might want to try this website

https://www.johortransport.com/

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
1,482 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Changi Airport to Johor Bahru

Tropical Inn is within walking distance from CIQ. May I know why you choose that hotel? Surrounding this hotel, there are many special clinic around. I understand that people also stay over night if they needed some form of treatment and follow up.

Even if you missed the bus, you can still walk over. However, with family and luggage, is kind of tough managing. it would be best to hike private transport which will send you directly there since it is nearby.

The hotel is off the main road and is rather quiet at night. In fact, it Double Tree top is less than 5min walk from it.

7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Changi Airport to Johor Bahru

Hi. I choose this Hotel maybe its one of the cheapest 😁. Is the sorrundings not good within the hotel? And we will be only here for November 30 at night to Dec 2. Just for the kids to go to legoland then going back to Singapore. I already made an arrangement with the hotel to pick us up from Changi Airport its cheaper compare to private taxi.

One more question. Upon checkout going back to singpore ( hotel 81 star premier to be exact ). What will be the best option? Since its saturday morning at its not on a rush hour. Is it ok just to take a bus? Since the hotel is also near on JB CIQ. Can we just take any bus on JB CIQ? From JB CIQ how can we get to th train station in Singapore?

Edited: 20 November 2017, 00:41
Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
7,819 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Changi Airport to Johor Bahru

The hotel you've chosen in Singapore is opposite a row of brothels (although many have closed) and it is in the middle of the red light district. The area is safe, just telling you because you have kids.

7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Changi Airport to Johor Bahru

Yes. I just recently know it. I think its fine. No girls is usually out so i think its ok. And the kids dont really knows about it. 😁. Thanks.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
1,931 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Changi Airport to Johor Bahru

Hi Azri G ,

Indeed the choice of Tropical Inn is still walkable but not so typical for non-Singaporean or Malaysian travellers to stay there.. i normally stay near the CIQ ...

As for the location of your Singapore hotel , i have gotten quite used to seeing international travellers with small kids & toddlers walking across Geylang(red light district where your hotel is located) even in the nights nowadays ... having their meals in the coffeeshops at my favourite supper haunts & buying drinks & snacks in the supermarkets in that area ..

I've stayed in red light district overseas too, because some of the hotels offer good rates on agoda or booking.com , with reasonable amenities ...

It's really quite alright & you won't be hassled , just a lot of funny stuff for you to observe ... 😆😎

10. Re: Changi Airport to Johor Bahru

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 25 November 2017, 08:05

Reply to: Changi Airport to Johor Bahru
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted