We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Changi Airport to Johor Bahru

7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Changi Airport to Johor Bahru

Hi Guys

I will be arrriving at Changi Airport around 3pm at the end of the month. What will be the best way to go to Tropical Inn Hotel Johor Bahru? Im thingking of using the cross boaerder bus from Changi Airport but will the same bus wait for us on after passing on Woodsland CIQ immigration?

Last option ia taking a cross boarder taxi. Is this available on th airport upon arrival?

BTW im with my family with 2 kids. 4yrs old and 7 plus 3 luggage bag.

Any suggestion?

Thanks

14 replies to this topic
11. Re: Changi Airport to Johor Bahru

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 07 December 2017, 17:05

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
1,482 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Changi Airport to Johor Bahru

Can't tell you much about Saturday morning traffic condition has I had stopped monitoring since the beginning of the year. From Tropical Inn, if you choose to walk to JB CIQ,

Try this :

1. walk in the direction of City Square mall.

2. Walking into the mall and get up to level 3 (air con, more comfortable)

3. The mall is linked to the custom building, look for or ask for Old Town White Coffee or Uniqlo, JB CIQ bridge exit is next to it..

4. Walk along the bridge, there is only one way traffic here, just follow the crowd

5. Need to just show passport in hand when you see security guard at the end of the last bridge before entering the CIQ building

6. After clearing custom, just go down stair and take any buses that bring you across the causeway. Need to pay bus fare (RM3 for CW buses, or S$1)

7. Alight from bus, clear SG custom. Once cleared. Follow the crowd and walk out of the building.

8. Just a short distance when you exit the building, there is a taxi stand and some 50m away, a bus stop.

9. Look out for signboard indicating buses going to Woodland Interchange. There are several buses going there

10. At interchange, you can walk over to Woodland MRT for further journey.

Alternatively, after clearing SG custom, go down stair and wait for bus 950. It will take you all the way to Woodland interchange. ... the difference? ..... You may have to wait for some time depending on frequency of service 950 and the crowd

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
4,931 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Changi Airport to Johor Bahru

<<I already made an arrangement with the hotel to pick us up from Changi Airport>>

Have you checked whether the hotel can arrange transport in the other direction, back to Singapore?

You can also use the shuttle train from JB Sentral to Woodlands, provided you can get hold of the tickets (recommended to buy in advance). Getting around the station is less walking compared to taking the bus. The Woodlands Train Checkpoint station exit is right at the taxi stand and bus stop which BBmars1128 has described.

4 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Changi Airport to Johor Bahru

HI Azri,

i hope you enjoyed the trip.

I will travel in February with the same kids age, and also i want to do the same as you legoland then Singapore. what is your feedback after you went? any advice what to do and what to not do? was the hotel good or not? since i am still search for hotel for us.

Thanks in advance

Reply to: Changi Airport to Johor Bahru
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted