We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Singapore Airlines

Wellington, United...
Level Contributor
201 posts
16 reviews
Singapore Airlines

Travelling with Singapore Airlines later in 2018. Does anyone know when/if they have a seat sale? We hope to travel Business Class so what type of aircraft do they use from London? Many thanks in advance for any feedback.

17 replies to this topic
Wellington, United...
Level Contributor
201 posts
16 reviews
11. Re: Singapore Airlines

Thanks everyone. I should make it clear by saying we will only be in Singapore for a short break before flying on to New Zealand. I don't believe Qatar fly to Aukland. Quakered it's good go hear of someone being able to use their Avios - each time I try to book long haul (most times Barbados), seats for my chosen flight are unavailable. We've started spending them on wine but we have over 250k to use........................

Queensland...
Level Contributor
365 posts
33 reviews
12. Re: Singapore Airlines

Hi Excellent price from Australia on Singapore Airlines. Close of date for us here was late November on Business Class through Flight Centre Brisbane.

Jakarta
Level Contributor
61,585 posts
118 reviews
13. Re: Singapore Airlines

<< I don't believe Qatar fly to Aukland. >>

LOL... of course Qatar flies to AKL, its a direct flight from DOH , non stop. DOH-AKL

London
Level Contributor
1,299 posts
63 reviews
14. Re: Singapore Airlines

A bit of a late reply Sandra,

I agree that burning off Avios on trips is challenging and only seem to work to non tourist destinations in the US - I do remember an offer some 12(?) years ago when BA were offering half price Airmiles to just about everywhere. We got 2 returns in Club to HK for Chinese New Year for very few airmails.

When booking via our Exec Club account it always asks if we want to do part payment with Avios, In the January sale this year we got 2 First returns to Singapore for just over £6k and about 100k in Avios and have spent more than that on Second Class tickets to the same destination. I know the mile fanatics will say this is not a good use of Avios but it seems better than just accumulating more of them. Also if you part pay with you accumulate the full Tier coins and Avoid for the First flights. The point thus generated allow next year's long haul flight to be had for the cost of a Second Class ticket - also ensures we maintain our joint Silver status so we can always select our seats on European flights in Third Class as well as access to the lounge! The only down side I can see is that all our travelling is going to be with BA (which I am sure is part of their grand plan). The BA First and use of the Concorde Room at Heathrow (and Singapore) provide all the luxury these old pensioners need!

Wellington, United...
Level Contributor
201 posts
16 reviews
15. Re: Singapore Airlines

Quakered, I couldn't agree more. Well, there has to be an upside to being old and my husband and I certainly enjoy these luxuries.

Seriously, thank you for the helpful post.

Sandra

Singapore
Level Contributor
1,773 posts
16. Re: Singapore Airlines

My vote goes to Singapore Airlines :) LOL

If you are heading to Auckland and want a few days in Singapore , non stop from Singapore to Auckland is going to be Singapore Airlines or Air New Zealand anyway ( they code share on eachothers flights on that route ) so Singapore Airlines all the way makes a lot of sense.

Qatar Airways although they serve both SIN and AKL if you went via DOH that is then non stop to AKL. If you used them to SIN you would then no doubt want non stop onwards to NZ so that would be SQ or NZ flight.

I don't know if Auckland is you final destination in New Zealand but nore that Singapore Airlines in addition to Auckland also fly to Christchurch non stop and to Wellington ( with an en route stop in Canberra )

Tip : You can sign up for Free to Singapore Airlines Krisflyer program and if you do that you can click to allow them to send you promotions / sales etc by email, so that way you get to hear about any sales or promotions in advance automatically

Edited: 09 December 2017, 17:44
Wellington, United...
Level Contributor
201 posts
16 reviews
17. Re: Singapore Airlines

singlouissa - thank you for taking the trouble to post that very useful information. Good idea regarding Krisflyer. Having been to Singapore twice before as a 2 night stop-over, we are anxious to return and see sights we had no time for previously. Any recommendations for "not to be missed" sights? We are choosing to fly to Auckland because we have friends and family in the Tauranga area.

Reply to: Singapore Airlines
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted