We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel near botanic gardens or not?

cumbria
Level Contributor
5 posts
7 reviews
hotel near botanic gardens or not?

Hello....I have a 4 night stopover in Singapore in March. My must see is the Botanic Garden but I would also like to visit the Gardens by the Bay and possibly the zoo. Given that I'll be spending most of my time there, should I opt for a hotel near the Botanic Gardens or is it better to be more central--as the transport systems seem good? Pauline J

6 replies to this topic
LON-SIN
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
14,313 posts
10 reviews
1. Re: hotel near botanic gardens or not?

The area near the Botanic gardens ( Orchard) and Gardens By the Bay ( Marina Bay) are the prime locations for hotels and tourists in Singapore and are considered pretty central either location is fine. I prefer the Marina Bay are as the pavements are not heaving with people and it's walking distance to plenty of sights.

Kent
Level Contributor
1,952 posts
37 reviews
2. Re: hotel near botanic gardens or not?

It can depend on what your budget is

cumbria
Level Contributor
5 posts
7 reviews
3. Re: hotel near botanic gardens or not?

I guess mid range, up to £150 a night? Pool not necessary. Pauline J

Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel, Holiday Travel, Singapore
Level Contributor
26,906 posts
123 reviews
4. Re: hotel near botanic gardens or not?

I just looked on a currency converter website and that’s about SGD$272 a night. For that you will get a lovely 4 Star Hotel in many very nice areas of the city.

You may want to look at a few of these in or near the City Hall or Marina area -

Fairmont Hotel

Pan Pacific Marina

Carlton Hotel, Bras Basah Road

Rendezvous hotel

Marina Mandarin

Grand Park City Hall Hotel

Or if you want to be closest to the Botanic Gardens look at Jen Tanglin Hotel.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
854 posts
158 reviews
5. Re: hotel near botanic gardens or not?

The transport system is very good you can take MRT most places easily - except to the Zoo. I would take a taxi there. The Botanic Gardens MRT stop is right by one of the gates, very convenient. Bayfront MRT is close to some areas of Gardens by the Bay. The domes are a bit farther, but If you don't want to walk, there is a shuttle near the Bayfront MRT station for low cost. (it's not that far and you can stroll through the SuperGrove Trees and gardens, but I know some aren't walkers).

I would pick a hotel you like the looks of that is near an MRT station. With the exception of the zoo, it is easy to get to your other locations by MRT, Good suggestions above - take a look also at the Swissotel Merchant Court or Novotel Clark Quay which are in the Clarke Quay area. Right on the riverwalk - 10 minute stroll to City Hall area and a slightly farther pleasant stroll to Marina Bay if you like walking. Also, you are close to Fort Canning Park which has several pleasant pathways through the grounds. If you aren't a walker, MRT stations- Fort Canning stop for Novotel and Clarke Quay for Swissotel - are very close.

cumbria
Level Contributor
5 posts
7 reviews
6. Re: hotel near botanic gardens or not?

Thanks both of you for more very useful advice, I ‘m going to sort something out this weekend as I’m going just before Easter. I’ll probably opt for staying nearer to Marina Bay as I do like walking around, and travel out to the Botanic Gardens.

Reply to: hotel near botanic gardens or not?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted