We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Young Couple in Singapore for New Year

Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Young Couple in Singapore for New Year

Hi,

Me and my Girlfriend (both 24) are staying in Singapore over the New Year period.

We are really struggling to find somewhere to go that won't cost us an absolute fortune.

We have looked at going to the float. Are there bars there that serve alcohol etc?

Any other suggestions would be great. We are looking for somewhere to have a nice meal and then somewhere to have a few drinks and watch the fireworks.

Thanks

18 replies to this topic
Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
9,543 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Young Couple in Singapore for New Year

https://www.tripadvisor.com.sg/ShowTopic-g29…

thehoneycombers.com/singapore/…

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
10 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Young Couple in Singapore for New Year

Unfortunately, Singapore *is* expensive, especially during peak time like New Year. You can try AirBnB, or even Couchsurfing, for cheaper price.

There are a lot of bars around the float, but again, the prices will be steep. You can drop by Makan Sutra, it's not a bar but offers local food and small selection of beers.

Singapore
Level Contributor
859 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Young Couple in Singapore for New Year

Short term rentals of less than 3 months is illegal in Singapore and two people have recently been charged in court for renting their apartments out at AirBnB.

Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Young Couple in Singapore for New Year

Hi we already have hotels booked, but want some plans for the new year eve celebrations. Any suggestions would be great.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java, Singapore
Level Contributor
55,886 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Young Couple in Singapore for New Year

<,Any suggestions would be great.>>

All festive ideas, perks and special offers are here:

yoursingapore.com

6. Re: Young Couple in Singapore for New Year

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 13 December 2017, 22:18
Edited: 13 December 2017, 22:18

Adelaide, Australia
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Young Couple in Singapore for New Year

I'm not sure where you will find a relaxing kind of atmosphere to have a few drinks and watch the fireworks.

We looked around for a long time and many nice places around Marina Bay are all doing packages which are quite pricey but some do include free flow alcohol and tapas food.

We decided to go with Me@Oue because it has food included.

Not sure about a sort of relaxing atmosphere sorry.

Edited: 15 December 2017, 09:56
Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java, Singapore
Level Contributor
55,886 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Young Couple in Singapore for New Year

Post#7- with 5 posts only, the poster puts forward only one business. Quacks like self promotion.

Singapore
Level Contributor
859 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Young Couple in Singapore for New Year

I don't see how Me@OUE is actually value for money or cheap for that matter. Their festive menu according to their website is priced at $158++/pax and their ala carte menu is expensive...lol.

https:/…November_DINNER_141117.pdf

North Yorkshire...
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Rhodes
Level Contributor
6,496 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Young Couple in Singapore for New Year

“We are really struggling to find somewhere to go that won't cost us an absolute fortune”

Trust me, it won’t be Me@OUe, at well over 300 bucks a couple, PLUS taxes, I’d call that a lot of money, EVEN by Singapore standards. For not much more you could go to Exqunox atop Swissotel. Now that IS a real treat.

Reply to: Young Couple in Singapore for New Year
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted