We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

8 days trip to Johor and singapore

4 posts
8 days trip to Johor and singapore

Hi all,

i need your help and advice on my trip on February, we ( me my husband and 2 kids 5&9) will arrive Singapore around 9 am and will go direct to Johor for 2 days then return to singapore for 6 days want to ask some questions if you can help:

+ how much the taxi will take from the airport to Thristle hotel in Johor ? Which is better to pre-book a taxi or take any one from the airport?

+ if i will buy a SIM card from the airport is it still be use on Johor or no?

+ I need to book Singapore Hotel but i cannot decide which on of this four is better even after reading the reviews, they are nearlly in the same price range in Agonda:

-Metropolitan YMCA (orchard)

- Santa Grand Hotel Bugis

- Harbour Ville Hotel

- Claremont Hotel.

In singapore we will visite sentosa 2 days and the other attraction for the 4 days when i arrange what to do each day i will write it here to take your advice.

Thank you in advance and it is much appreciated

7 replies to this topic
Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
13,335 posts
22 reviews
1. Re: 8 days trip to Johor and singapore

+ how much the taxi will take from the airport to Thristle hotel in Johor ? Which is better to pre-book a taxi or take any one from the airport?

Only cross-border taxis can cross the border and they are only available at Queen Street. You have to arrange for private transfers if you don't want to go to Queen Street. https://www.tripadvisor.com.sg/ShowTopic-g29…

+ if i will buy a SIM card from the airport is it still be use on Johor or no?

You can purchase a regular prepaid card and purchase data packs for roaming in Malaysia. SingTel Hi Card, M Card and Starhub all have this feature. Higher value Tourist SIMs from M1 and Singtel are also packaged with a certain amount of data roaming allowance. Calls in Malaysia are charged at roaming rates. Pls go to their website to check for details.

I would go for YMCA or Santa Grand Bugis as they have a pool and better reviews. You can check on YWCA Fort Canning as well.

Edited: 13 December 2017, 09:37
Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
13,335 posts
22 reviews
2. Re: 8 days trip to Johor and singapore

If you stay at Santa Grand, you don't need a SIM for Singapore as each room comes with a Handy smartphone with complimentary data and local calls and access to useful apps like information guide, discounted attraction tickets, etc. A fee will only charged for loss or damage. In that case, buy a Malaysian SIM card.

Edited: 13 December 2017, 09:48
Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
13,335 posts
22 reviews
3. Re: 8 days trip to Johor and singapore

YMCA also provides the Handy phone in their rooms.

Darwin, Australia
1 post
4. Re: 8 days trip to Johor and singapore

Thanks for really useful tips about the phones on the hotels , I did not know that that narrow the choose to two hotels.

About the taxi I will check this web site, but that mean the taxi are not available in the front of the airport I have to book it right?

4 posts
5. Re: 8 days trip to Johor and singapore

Thanks for really useful tips about the phones on the hotels , I did not know that that narrow the choose to two hotels.

About the taxi I will check this web site, but that mean the taxi are not available in the front of the airport I have to book it right?

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
13,335 posts
22 reviews
6. Re: 8 days trip to Johor and singapore

It appears you have 2 accounts which is not allowed by TripAdvisor. Pls use this link https://www.tripadvisor.com/GeneralSupport and click on "Merge Accounts" to request for the 2 accounts to be merged. You can log into the same account from multiples devices so you don't need more than 1 account.

The link I gave you provides more information on your transport options. You can't hail or book a regular taxi from the airport to go to Johor. You also can't book the cross-border taxis to pick you up from the airport.

4 posts
7. Re: 8 days trip to Johor and singapore

Thanks I did that I merged them. I only recognise that when I reply from iPad not the laptop

Reply to: 8 days trip to Johor and singapore
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted