We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Unique Restaurants in Singapore

9 posts
Save Topic
Unique Restaurants in Singapore

Hello, I am taking my husband and two children (aged 6 and 8) to Singapore for his 40th birthday. I was hoping to take him and my kids out for a surprise celebration lunch to one of Singapore's "unique" restaurants. So far I have found out about Supertree by Indochine (unique being above one of the supertrees in Gardens by the Bay) and Ocean by Cat Cora (unique by being underwater). I would love to take them to NOX but I think my children would be a bit too scared to dine in the dark. Does anyone know of any other unique type of dining experiences that would be a nice surprise for a 40th birthday but also appropriate for children? Thanks in advance!

Mentioned in this post
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
SuperTree by IndoChine
SuperTree by IndoChine
893 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Gardens by the Bay
Gardens by the Bay
46,356 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
8 replies to this topic
Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java, Singapore
Level Contributor
59,873 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Unique Restaurants in Singapore

Hello,

Have a look at nekko cafe.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
37 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Unique Restaurants in Singapore

If breakfast is an option, how about dining with a family of orangutans in the zoo?

Level Contributor
580 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Unique Restaurants in Singapore

Lunch with parrots at Jurong Bird Park?

Mentioned in this post
Jurong Bird Park
Jurong Bird Park
4,339 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Singapore, Singapore
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Unique Restaurants in Singapore

You can probably try dining in the Singapore Flyer for an unique experience but it's rather costly as it charges by per 2 pax. Though it's good for couples who want to have a romantic and luxurious meal.

Below is the link:

singaporeflyer.com/unique-experiences/…

I would also recommend going to haidilao. Though it isn't really unique and is available in some other countries like China. The unique experience will be when you order the handmade noodles, the chef/noodle handler will dance and make the noodles in front of you. + The fact that they will/might serve you additional complimentary cake/fruits on your birthday and some of the staff will sing a birthday song for you too! (A for service)

Below is the link:

http://www.haidilao.com/sg/

Mentioned in this post
Singapore Flyer
Singapore Flyer
15,321 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Jakarta
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
59,873 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Unique Restaurants in Singapore

high tea at Fullerton hotel singapore

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-…

Mentioned in this post
The Fullerton Hotel Singapore
The Fullerton Hotel...
4,138 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
9 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Unique Restaurants in Singapore

Such fabulous suggestions, thank you everyone! I will look into all of them. Now the hard part is going to be choosing one!!!!

Jakarta
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
59,873 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Unique Restaurants in Singapore

You are most welcome and happy choosing!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,319 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Unique Restaurants in Singapore

I've done Breakfast with Wildlife (Orangutans) a number of times and always loved it, however, I've also done Lunch with Parrots and it was a huge disappointment.

It was very poorly organised and the staff were lazy (we witnessed two young waiters flicking water at each other in the middle of the restaurant and then standing around doing nothing). The food was mediocre (very little choice, poor quality, melted ice cream), and there were just 3 parrots on a stage up the front doing a few tricks.

I felt sorry for the two parrot handlers because they tried hard, but the surroundings were grubby and there was just no atmosphere or interest from the audience.

So, I would definitely recommend the Breakfast with Wildlife, but give Lunch with Parrots a miss.

Reply to: Unique Restaurants in Singapore
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted