We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ladyhill Hotel

Level Contributor
15 posts
93 reviews
Ladyhill Hotel

Considering staying at this hotel later next year, any feed back would be welcome. No reviews yet published.

24 replies to this topic
Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel, Holiday Travel, Singapore
Level Contributor
28,273 posts
1. Re: Ladyhill Hotel

Is that the Condominium complex on the former site of the old LadyhIll Hotel which was demolished many years ago. Up near the ShangriLa Hotel in the area above Orchard road. Is it being turned into a Hotel again?

Edited: 23 December 2017, 05:27
Jakarta
Level Contributor
61,585 posts
120 reviews
2. Re: Ladyhill Hotel

Yes, I do not see any property with this name in our TA hotel list.

Level Contributor
15 posts
93 reviews
3. Re: Ladyhill Hotel

The Ladyhill shows up on a Singapore Google maps "hotels" search on Ladyhill Rd with a number of recent reviews. On Trivago it also appears as a listing with Bookings.com with an attractive nightly rate, however, from that link you end up in Elgin in the North of Scotland.

Edited: 23 December 2017, 08:06
Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
28,273 posts
4. Re: Ladyhill Hotel

Trivago and other comparison sites like Hotelscombined sometimes contain outdated hotel information. I browse them occasionally and know for sure a Hotel has closed, or has changed brands and names etc.

I will have a look on Trivago now.

Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
28,273 posts
5. Re: Ladyhill Hotel

Oh dear Trivago is a mess. Yes their Ladyhill Hotel Listing with a booking.com deal does lead to a Ladyhill Hotel in Elgin Scotland.

They still list Premier Inn Singapore but it changed name to Destination Singapore ages ago.

One of the Santa Grand Brand Hotels changed but it’s still listed with the old name.

There are probably more errors but I’ll not bother looking further

I suggest looking for current available hotels on a reliable site like Expedia, Hotels.com or the actual booking.com site (rather than following incorrect links from Trivago).

Ladyhill is currently a condominium apartment building. There was a hotel on that site many years ago.

Edited: 23 December 2017, 08:22
Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
28,273 posts
6. Re: Ladyhill Hotel

The National Library Site has archive photo of the old demolished hotel -

…nlb.gov.sg/printheritage/image.aspx…

The site was developed into a Condominium complex years ago -

https:/…

Edited: 23 December 2017, 08:30
Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
6,217 posts
11 reviews
7. Re: Ladyhill Hotel

Yes, Ladyhill Hotel no longer exist. Have not heard anyone mentioning that name in quite a while. ;-)

Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
28,273 posts
8. Re: Ladyhill Hotel

Kevin-sg,

I love the history of some of the buildings in Singapore and yes it’s nice to hear mention of old ones we remember. I like wandering around and stopping on a street corner trying to remember what used to be there, or looking at old photos of the city on the ‘Remember Singapore’ website or National Archives or National Library.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
6,217 posts
11 reviews
9. Re: Ladyhill Hotel

Some other city hotels that are gone includes Marco Polo Hotel (now replaced by Grange Residences condo), The Oberoi Imperial Hotel (now The Imperial condo), Phoenix Hotel (the site of Orchard Gateway Mall and Hotel Jen Somerset), ANA Hotel (previously also known as Century Park Sheraton Singapore), Hotel Equitorial, Cockpit Hotel, Melia at Scotts, Copthorne Orchid Hotel, Cairnhill Hotel, The New 7th Storey Hotel (demolished to make way for Downtown Line MRT station).

Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
28,273 posts
10. Re: Ladyhill Hotel

Also the Lion City Hotel in the Tanjong Katong/Haig Road area. It’s OneKM Mall now.

I remember staying at The Phoenix Hotel.

Reply to: Ladyhill Hotel
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted