We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gardens by the Bay

Brisbane Qld...
Level Contributor
99 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Gardens by the Bay

Hi we will be in Singapore mid November

What time of day would you recommend to visit the Gardens. Thank you Char

Mentioned in this post
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
19 replies to this topic
LON-SIN
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
14,006 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gardens by the Bay

Morning for the outdoor gardens when it’s cooler. Any daylight hours for the domes. The light show is only in the evening.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
1,119 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Gardens by the Bay

You can visit from mid-/late-afternoon till night, or split it into morning & night. The midday sun can be a big deterrent, although mid-November is the onset of the year-end monsoon season (mainly overcast skies when it's dry). On hot days, the humidity climbs after 9:30am & won't ease up until 4:30pm.

As a primer: 90 minutes for each air-con dome, plus another hour for the outdoor gardens (25-minute tram ride, the rest for photo ops). Set aside more time for the 2 light shows.

Brisbane Qld...
Level Contributor
99 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gardens by the Bay

Thank you so much for your advice.. really looking forward to our holiday regards char

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
2,093 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gardens by the Bay

We visited in the morning and used the MRT to get to it (Bayside) although we were only in Clarke Quay. Far too hot to walk.

If you want a cheap and rather nice meal we went to the Asian restaurant in the food mall within the gardens.

We also had a glass of wine(small) at Pollen near the main dome which is a Jason Atherton restaurant.(uk chef)

Enjoy

Edited: 11 January 2018, 05:20
Mentioned in this post
Clarke Quay
Clarke Quay
2,894 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
POLLEN
POLLEN
1,029 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
UK
Level Contributor
639 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gardens by the Bay

Can you watch the light show by going in yourself or do you need to be part of a tour? What time does it start?

Singapore
Level Contributor
1,790 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gardens by the Bay

You can watch the Garden Rhapsody show by yourself. Details of the show are in the link below.

gardensbythebay.com.sg/en/whats-on/calendar-…

Mentioned in this post
The Garden
The Garden
191 Reviews
Sentosa Island, Singapore
Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
53 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Gardens by the Bay

We went about 5:30pm. It gave us two hours to see both the Cloud Dome and the Flower Dome, then we waiting about 15 mins for the Sky Show. It was all great timing.

Mentioned in this post
Flower Dome
Flower Dome
5,414 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
580 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Gardens by the Bay

Hi There,

Can someone advise me if there is a nice bridge in the flower dome ? I am planning a surprise for my partner and was told there is a nice bridge in the flower dome (I am not after the Cloud Forest).

Could you please let me know where it is in the flower dome ? Any pictures would help me immensely.

Mentioned in this post
Cloud Forest
Cloud Forest
11,645 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Singapore
Level Contributor
1,203 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Gardens by the Bay

no bridge but some areas that overlook the rest of the dome? i'm not sure if the person who told you about the bridge is referring to the little decorative bridge they put up during their floral exhibits sometimes? Link to pic: …greatdeals.com.sg/wp-content/uploads/2017/0…

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
580 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Gardens by the Bay

Thank you gumbokins.... yes I’m keen on getting into the pic you posted. Where in the flower dome it is located ? How far from pollen restaurant? I’ll have very less time to pull my surprise so need to know the details in getting there.

Reply to: Gardens by the Bay
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted