We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itenary for Trip to kualalumpur and singapore..

Bhubaneswar, India
4 posts
Save Topic
Itenary for Trip to kualalumpur and singapore..

I will be reaching kualalumpur on 2nd march early morning and will be returning on 8th march.i will be visiting both kualalumpur and singapore.can anyone please help me in planning a proper trip for this period.i will be highly obliged..thank you

8 replies to this topic
Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel, Holiday Travel, Singapore
Level Contributor
25,540 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Itenary for Trip to kualalumpur and singapore..

Hello,

Tripadvisor is a do-it-yourself travel research and planning website. Everyone on these forums is planning their own trips so may not have the time to research and create your itinerary.

You would need to ask specific questions about Kuala Lumpur on its own forum. Here’s the forums homepage-

https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/ForumHome

I hope this document in the link below will help you as it outlines what travel resources are on this forum and where to find them and how to use them. That should get you started in making decisions for your Singapore trip. Then when you have started creating your itinerary please come back on the forum is you have any specific follow-up questions -

https://docs.google.com/document/d/13XfoX15Z…

Mentioned in this post
Kuala Lumpur
Kuala Lumpur
Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
LON-SIN
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
14,024 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Itenary for Trip to kualalumpur and singapore..

You have 5 full days so not enough for 2 countries. Pick one. As you are flying in and out of KL I suggest KL and surrounding attractions.

Bhubaneswar, India
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Itenary for Trip to kualalumpur and singapore..

Not decided yet.people are advicing me to go to singapore from kualalumpur and on return journey to visit kualalummpur for one half days

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
11,507 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Itenary for Trip to kualalumpur and singapore..

How do you propose to travel between Singapore and KL? Bus may be tempting because it is cheap but there are a lot of variables (traffic, cross-border congestion, detours, unannounced detours, being left behind at the checkpoint by the bus etc) that will take valuable time out of your vacation. If you hold an Indian passport, you need a visa for both Singapore and Malaysia applied in advance.

Edited: 11 January 2018, 14:33
Mentioned in this post
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
2,462 posts
279 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Itenary for Trip to kualalumpur and singapore..

Dipun1986 Hi

Stick to Kuala Lumpur, not worth the train or road trip to Singapore. Fly, not enough time to see both. Be realistic, you are not on the last EARTH trip. Do less see more

TA don't do planning here, its a DIY. You plan, you post and TA feedback, you tweet.

Edited: 11 January 2018, 15:07
Mentioned in this post
Kuala Lumpur
Kuala Lumpur
Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
Level Contributor
1,792 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Itenary for Trip to kualalumpur and singapore..

Seriously speaking, it will be a waste of time going to both Malaysia and Singapore if you only have 5 full days. Decide on one to go to and leave the other for another visit.

Mentioned in this post
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Itenary for Trip to kualalumpur and singapore..

Hi if you're really interested in visiting Singapore, I would recommend you to take overnight sleeper trains over, they are quite cheap from KL but slightly more expensive for the journey back. U can immediately come to Singapore on the day u land for maybe 2 or 3 days before heading back to KL and staying the remainder days. Do know that with only these few days you wouldn't be able to see and do much. Singapore is relatively small but KL is a really large city and spending 5 days there would have been just nice. Unless you have a specific place/ reason to visit Singapore for, I would not feel the journey here is worth it.

Mentioned in this post
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
11,507 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Itenary for Trip to kualalumpur and singapore..

Janae23, there are no more overnight sleeper trains.

Reply to: Itenary for Trip to kualalumpur and singapore..
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted