We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Activity r for 5 days/6 nights with a 5yr old girl next week

India
Level Contributor
8 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Activity r for 5 days/6 nights with a 5yr old girl next week

Hi all,

I'm traveling next weekend with my 5yr old.

My wife and I have visited Singapore multiple times and this trip is singularly to treat our 5yr old girl to a great time.

We know the usual attractions from our travels and I've been doing my homework online as well.

However, local advice can seldom be beat.

So here I am, asking the local experts to help me plan these 5 days/6 nights in a manner that would give my daughter a taste of what Singapore has to offer her.

We'll be staying in the Orchard area.

Thank you in advance :-)

Mentioned in this post
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
13 replies to this topic
North Yorkshire...
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Rhodes
Level Contributor
6,809 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Activity r for 5 days/6 nights with a 5yr old girl next week

We can furnish you with as much information as you need in order to plan your trip to Singapore. What we cannot do is your itinerary or plan your trip for you.

Everyone has a different idea how best to amuse themselves, there is no “one size fits all” plan.

Happy planning and when you have designed a draft itinerary, however rough, please feel free to submit it for any “tweaking” that will help make your visit as good as it can be.

Good luck.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attractions-g2…

Mentioned in this post
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel, Holiday Travel, Singapore
Level Contributor
25,540 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Activity r for 5 days/6 nights with a 5yr old girl next week

It sounds like you have been to many attractions before on your previous visits. So maybe say where you have been and dont want to see or do again. That way people won’t be taking time to suggest things you have already done and don’t wish to repeat.

What specific kind of advice are you hoping for?

India
Level Contributor
8 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Activity r for 5 days/6 nights with a 5yr old girl next week

Hi Avanti,

Thank you for your reply.

Though we have travelled to the attractions as adults, this is the first time we are travelling with our daughter.

It is a given that we will repeat almost all the places that we have been to ourselves but will be completely new for our daughter.

I was looking for any advice/insight based on the experience of other travellers and locals who have visited these attractions with similarly aged children.

Edited: 14 January 2018, 06:09
North Yorkshire...
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Rhodes
Level Contributor
6,809 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Activity r for 5 days/6 nights with a 5yr old girl next week

I’m a seventy years old “child” and I guarantee your children will adore a day out at USS.

As indeed they would at “Wild, wild wet”. Kids and warm water, a marriage made in heave.

https:/…

https://www.wildwildwet.com

India
Level Contributor
8 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Activity r for 5 days/6 nights with a 5yr old girl next week

Hi diggs, thanks for your reply.

I must admit, I am looking for akind of loose itinerary suggestions for Fri - Tue.

Given that we have weekdays and weekends.

We will definitely be visiting universal/sentosa, Aquarium, Jurong, Zoo, Night Safari.

The local insight comes in in suggesting which of these are best visited on which days, ie weekdays or weekends. Which ones are better visited first and the rest later in the trip. Which attractions take the longest or shortest time.

This is the type of insight that would help me plan an itinerary.

Mentioned in this post
Night Safari
Night Safari
10,207 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
North Yorkshire...
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Rhodes
Level Contributor
6,809 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Activity r for 5 days/6 nights with a 5yr old girl next week

At any of the major attractions weekends and school holidays are going to be the busier times, not with only tourists, Singaporeans go out on weekends and public holidays.

I think it’s always “better” to do things during week days, at the major attractions.

Singapore
Level Contributor
1,222 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Activity r for 5 days/6 nights with a 5yr old girl next week

Also, Future World at Art Science Museum, Kidzania at Sentosa, Diggersite at Orto Yishun.

Mentioned in this post
India
Level Contributor
8 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Activity r for 5 days/6 nights with a 5yr old girl next week

Thanks for the reply, Gumbokins.

You just made it tougher for me to decide. And more exciting.

But really, kidzania is a must do. So thanks again :-)

India
Level Contributor
8 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Activity r for 5 days/6 nights with a 5yr old girl next week

Slightly OT but we're planning on staying at Orchard Point SR's in a 2 bedroom so that all 3 of us can get enough rest/sleep while having some privacy when we get back after the long days of activities.

A 1 bedroom in Ascott Orchard is a distant second choice.

The rest of the well known/highly rated apart hotels aren't available on my dates

My question is, isn't Orchard Point recommended by forum members? Whatever little I've read on the forums, I don't recall it being recommended ever.

Mentioned in this post
Ascott Orchard Singapore
Ascott Orchard Singapore
205 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
11,507 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Activity r for 5 days/6 nights with a 5yr old girl next week

Read the reviews and you'll see they are mixed https://www.tripadvisor.com.sg/Hotel_Review-…

No two children are the same. You understand your daughter better than we do and since you've been to most of the attractions, you should have some idea which ones may interest her.

Edited: 14 January 2018, 09:40
Reply to: Activity r for 5 days/6 nights with a 5yr old girl next week
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted