We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

River Hong Bao

Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
River Hong Bao

Hi! I am planning on visiting Singapore on 15-17 Feb during CNY. I’m really interested in going to river hong bao. I’ve searching some info on the net and feel that it is a worth going. Some questions:

1. On the CNY eve, the firework will be at 12 midnight, right? Will the mrt still on at the hour? I’ll be staying in Geylang area. If the mrt doesnt operate, will the bus still in operating?

2. How is the price of food at river hong bao? Is it pricey? It’s my second time to Singapore but the last time we were able to find affordable food yet they were very delicious!

Thanks before!

Mentioned in this post
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
Geylang
Geylang
Singapore, Singapore
4 replies to this topic
Singapore
Level Contributor
1,792 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: River Hong Bao

1) Yes fireworks will be at 12 midnight. Normally during major public holidays like CNY Eve and New Year Eve countdowns, the MRT and some buses will have extended operating hours till 2 or 3 am. You will need to wait for the announcement from SMRT and the bus companies nearer the date to know until what time the MRT will be operational on CNY Eve.

2) Price of food at River Hong Bao will be more expensive but still reasonable when compared to food courts at the neighboring malls.

Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: River Hong Bao

thanks a lot

Eastbourne, United...
Level Contributor
1,198 posts
429 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: River Hong Bao

Which night is CNY eve for midnight fireworks? is it Thursday 15th going into Friday16th Feb?

Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: River Hong Bao

Yuuup. Thurs, 15 feb midnight.

Reply to: River Hong Bao
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted