We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestions required for Singapore 7 days trip

Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Topic
Suggestions required for Singapore 7 days trip

Hi,

I am travelling to Singapore for 7 days along with my husband and 2 kids (7 years and 5 years old) in April 2018. We will be staying in Bugis. We are planning to use public transport (MRT).

We are planning for the below itinerary -

Day1 - Reach Singapore airport by 8:30AM. Hotel check-in by 2PM. Evening 4PM onwards - Clarke Quay and River Cruise (7PM - 7:40 PM). 15 mins light show at 9PM Marina Bay.

Day2 - Botanical garden (Morning 8:30 AM - ?).

Day3 - Santosa (Full day)

Day4 - Universal Studio (Full day). Planning for Saturday (due to special attractions/shows) + express pass

Day 5 - Gardens by the Bay, Merlion, Flyer, Marina Bay (Planning for Sunday due to laser show in front of Marina Bay Sands hotel)

Day 6 - Zoo (8:30 AM - 5 PM)

Day 7 - Bird Park (8:30 AM - 4 PM)

We are flying back to our country on day 7 night around 8PM.

It's our first family foreign trip and I want everyone to enjoy it the maximum (specially kids). So could you please review and help me with your suggestions.

Thanks a lot.

93 replies to this topic
Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
11,923 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
61. Re: Suggestions required for Singapore 7 days trip

Current USS promotion https:/…mastercard-exclusives

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
11,923 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
62. Re: Suggestions required for Singapore 7 days trip

As I said, the price varies from day to day. I just did a check for a random date 14 Apr and the Express Pass is S$50 while the Express Unlimited is S$80.

You probably don't need an Express Pass on a weekday that is not a school or public holiday. Usually by 4pm, most of the visitors will leave and the queues will be shorter. Having said that, no one can know for sure what the day will be actually like.

Edited: 12 March 2018, 19:17
Singapore
Level Contributor
1,807 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
63. Re: Suggestions required for Singapore 7 days trip

Hmmm...I just tried to do a mock booking for USS and it shows that on 31 March (Sat), the Express pass is $70 and the unlimited express is at $100. On 28 Mar(Wed), the Express pass was at $30 and the unlimited express was at $50. As you can see, the prices differs between weekdays and weekends so it is better for you to check the dates you want to go to USS and see the prices of the express passes on that day.

On weekdays, USS closes earlier and there are fewer shows/events at the park. People seldom use express passes unless the crowds are exceptionally bad eg. on public holidays, school holidays or mid year/end year holidays. Otherwise, it's perfectly fine not to use express passes.

Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
64. Re: Suggestions required for Singapore 7 days trip

Thanks teebs2593 and minxbaby.

Please suggest whether Hollywood Dreams Parade and Lake Hollywood Spectacular is must watch

and whether both are available on Sundays also; if yes then what are the timings? I read Saturdays these are at 5 PM and 8:30 PM.

USS operating hours are more on weekends. Does that mean rides and shows both are available for that extra timings as well?

65. Re: Suggestions required for Singapore 7 days trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 13 March 2018, 12:35
Edited: 13 March 2018, 12:35

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
11,923 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
66. Re: Suggestions required for Singapore 7 days trip

They are nice but wheher they are must-sees depends on the person. Just like some people will queue for hours to eat at a famous stall while others won't.

The link in #45 shows the timings for HDP, LHS (if any) and the opening hours once you click on the date. You are expecting a fixed schedule every week but it doesn't operate that way, just like the prices of the Express Passes on the day you visit may not be the same as the online price.

Pls familiarise yourself with the official website esp the FAQ page. It probably contains answers to any questions you may have.

Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
67. Re: Suggestions required for Singapore 7 days trip

Thanks minxbaby. I got the USS calendar and found the show timings.

How is 6 months season pass (98 SGD) for USS? My understanding is - If we buy this then we can visit USS for 2 days - probably 1 Saturday and 1 weekday (will change itinerary in that case); and we can cover HDP and LHS as well (without express pass). Please let me know if you have any suggestions on this.

Thank you very much for your help.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
11,923 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
68. Re: Suggestions required for Singapore 7 days trip

It is worth it if you go for 2 days.

Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
69. Re: Suggestions required for Singapore 7 days trip

Thanks minxbaby. However I am really confused with USS Two-Day Ticket (145 SGD). What's the use of this ticket?

Why would someone buy this and not 6 month season pass (98 SGD) - if both can offer 2 days visit; and season pass offer much more flexibility (like not necessary to be consecutive days etc.). Am I missing something here? Is there any additional changes in 6 month USS season pass which don't know?

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
11,923 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
70. Re: Suggestions required for Singapore 7 days trip

I don't work for USS so this is just my own analaysis. The two products target different segments. The season passes encourage frequent visits so they would appeal to local residents.

Not every visitor who wants to spend 2 days at USS will want to become a member.

Reply to: Suggestions required for Singapore 7 days trip
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted