We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Changi Airport

Mauritius
Level Contributor
29 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Changi Airport

Hi,

I will be taking an AirAsia flight from T4 @ 2PM. I know check in began maybe 2 hours before departure. I was thinking about coming 4-5 hours before and visit T1, T2 or T3. I have several question. Hope that someone can help me. First, if my departure terminal is T4, can I get access to other departure terminal? Are the terminal connected to each other or are they separated? Secondly, I saw the map, level 3 have public and transit. Obviously, I will be able to vist the public level but what about transit. Is it for transit only? Or is it free access?

What if I can only visit public level and T4. Would you recommend me to come early (4-5 hours early) or should I come for checkin only (2-3 hours before) ?

Thanks

Edited: 11 March 2018, 06:54
4 replies to this topic
Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
10,155 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Changi Airport

Hi,

T4 is a stand-alone building. It is not connected to the other terminals. The only way to get to T1,T2, and T3 from T4 (vv) is via a shuttle bus service from the airside or landside at T2 respectively. Passengers with valid boarding passes can take the airside shuttle while Travelers/ visitors without boarding passes can take the landside shuttle.

In your case, yes, you can only visit the public areas of T1, T2 and T3 and both public and transit areas of T4. Imo, no need to go early, surffice 2-3 hours before flight.

Mauritius
Level Contributor
29 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Changi Airport

I saw automated self check in at T4. Is it available for all airline and can it be done earlier with Bag Drop? So I can go around the other terminal

manila
Level Contributor
1,141 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Changi Airport

You cannot enter the other terminals with a T4 boarding pass. You have to enter T4. There are conflicting stories but it seems you will be allowed airside T1-3 from airside T4. Your BP will be tagged "T4" before you board an airside bus to T2 (interconnected to T1 and T3). The reason for this is that you go through security at T4 before heading to the gates (i..e. you are "sterile") but in T1-3 the sterile area is as you enter the boarding gates.

This, in my view causes some confusion in the Changi staff on whether to allow a T4 passenger without a connecting flight to the other terminals an airside transfer. On the other hand, I know of people who transfer from T4 to T1 (CX-DM or OWE) to use the Qantas lounge. That, however, was during the first few months of T4's opening.

Mauritius
Level Contributor
29 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Changi Airport

That confuse me too. I send a message on FB to Changi Airport. They say that I get access to all transit area on all level of all terminal. Does it mean Level 3 - Transit only or transit area after immigration also. I am only interested by the Enchanted Garden,Sculptural Tree Garden,Water Lily Garden,koi pond, etc. And yes my boarding pass will mention T4. T1,T2 and T3 are interconnected but not T4. Or do the shuttle bus leave passenger in a special transit area.

Edited: 13 March 2018, 16:34
Reply to: Changi Airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted