We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do with bags in transit at Changi on route to BKK

Melbourne, Australia
2 posts
Save Topic
What to do with bags in transit at Changi on route to BKK

The wife and I are travelling to Bangkok from Melbourne in a few weeks. Flying with Emirates. We fly an EK plane from Mel to Changi, and spend about 7 hrs in transit, and afterwards flying on a code-share Jetstar Asia flight from Singapore to Bangkok.

I’ve called Emirates to see if they are able to check us in up-to our final destination (BKK) from Melbourne. To my surprise, they can’t! This leaves us in a bit of a jinx about what to do with our luggage. We’ve already booked to stay airside at the Aerotel transit hotel thinking our luggage transfer will be taken care of.

Just wanting to check with people who’ve taken this route recently. Should we pass immigration, get our bags, and come back in to get to the hotel?

Or should we just leave our bags on the carousal to be taken to the left luggage space - we’ve read about people doing this on other threads here.

Have any of you tried your luck with the transfer desk to get them to sort the baggage?

Would appreciate any advise.

4 replies to this topic
Jakarta
Level Contributor
61,585 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do with bags in transit at Changi on route to BKK

hello Leap,

If you have a single PNR for this booking, Please proceed to your nearest transfer lounge/ counter. At the transfer lounge, you may refer to the Transfer Information Passenger Display System (TIPDS) to find out which transfer counter you can request for your checked-in bags to be transferred to your departing flight.

Jakarta
Level Contributor
61,585 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do with bags in transit at Changi on route to BKK

If you are travelling on two separate PNRs, you have to go through immigration and collect your luggage by hand, then check-in anew from landside.

Edited: 12 March 2018, 21:10
LON-SIN
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
14,243 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to do with bags in transit at Changi on route to BKK

I suspect once you get to the airport you will find the check in staff will check you all the way and provide you with your boarding passes to BKK as well. Telephone staff usually have little knowledge of operations. Failing that you can pick up your boarding passes at Changi without having to go through immigration at the transfer desks. Your bags will be transferred for you without you having to collect them ( make sure you have your luggge tags to show at the transfer desk).

Melbourne, Australia
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: What to do with bags in transit at Changi on route to BKK

Thanks for that Mankster.

Yes, I hope once I get to the airport, they'll be able to check us in all the way. And if that fails, will try with the transfer desk in Changi.

Reply to: What to do with bags in transit at Changi on route to BKK
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted