We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which part of singapore to stay where everything is nearby?

Level Contributor
13 posts
6 reviews
Which part of singapore to stay where everything is nearby?

Hi folks,

I am visiting singapore with parents and can you guys help me in which part I should stay where everything is nearby.

I am visiting the place for 5 days and want to stay in one hotel only.

I majorly want to know the best place to stay at singapore. I will check hotels myself there then.

13 replies to this topic
Jakarta
Level Contributor
61,585 posts
120 reviews
1. Re: Which part of singapore to stay where everything is nearby?

hi

Clarke Quay.

clarkequay.com.sg/malls/website/index.aspx

Kent
Level Contributor
1,986 posts
37 reviews
2. Re: Which part of singapore to stay where everything is nearby?

" where everything is nearby" - it depends what you are visiting as there are attractions all over the island but saying that the transport system is great and the taxis are cheap so really its your budget for your hotel and your requirements that may be the deciding factor.

" best place to stay at Singapore" - is really an open ended question, everyone has their favourite for one reason or another i.e Orchard Rd it a popular place but we have never been tempted as we feel it is not for us, we prefer City Hall / Bugis area.

North Yorkshire...
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
6,985 posts
3. Re: Which part of singapore to stay where everything is nearby?

Bugis, but then again nowhere in Singapore is THAT far from anywhere. Bugis has excellent connectivity, bus route/ MRT or even walking to many things. I 💖 Bugis.

Level Contributor
13 posts
6 reviews
4. Re: Which part of singapore to stay where everything is nearby?

Thanks all

Jakarta
Level Contributor
61,585 posts
120 reviews
5. Re: Which part of singapore to stay where everything is nearby?

You are most welcome....

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
61 posts
11 reviews
6. Re: Which part of singapore to stay where everything is nearby?

You can opt for little india area also. If you want veg and Indian food this is the good place.

Medicine Hat, Canada
Level Contributor
231 posts
136 reviews
7. Re: Which part of singapore to stay where everything is nearby?

I echo Schonefeld's comments if we were to return we would stay at Clarke Quay - what fab location and vibe.

Jakarta
Level Contributor
61,585 posts
120 reviews
8. Re: Which part of singapore to stay where everything is nearby?

I would return and stay in Clarke quay again and again too. My son was travelling last time to singapore alone and I, of course, asked him where he preferred to stay - he answered Clarke quay without hesitation.

New York
Level Contributor
1,098 posts
19 reviews
9. Re: Which part of singapore to stay where everything is nearby?

>>>>I echo Schonefeld's comments if we were to return we would stay at Clarke Quay - what fab location and vibe.

Vibe to a Westerner is VERY DIFFERENT to that of an India. It is a cultural, gender, and generational thingy.

10. Re: Which part of singapore to stay where everything is nearby?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 March 2018, 09:30
Edited: 27 March 2018, 09:30

Reply to: Which part of singapore to stay where everything is nearby?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted