We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itenary Review Nov 2018

6 posts
Itenary Review Nov 2018

Hi Everyone

We are first time travelers to Singapore and would request a review on our Itenary with your valuable advise to make the most of our trip with our daughter...

No of people travelling - Husband, Wife and Child of 3.11 years (dob is 25th Nov 2014)

Travel Date - 5th nov to 11th Nov 2018

Hotel - Located on Orchard Road

Mode of Travelling - local buses / rare occasions taxi / Carrying personal stroller

Card to be used - Easylink card for ourself / Child concession card for the child.

Itenary from 5th Nov to 11th Nov 2018

5th Nov - Monday

Check in hotel at 10am. Visit lucky plaza mall, Far East Plaza mall, Scrape underground. Head back to hotel in aftrn. Evening clark quay river cruise, supertree light show, spectra light show and stroll merlion statue at marina bay sand.

6th Nov - Tuesday

Singapore zoo + Zoorasic park + Illumina rain forest + land of giants and River safari with Amazon Quest.

7th Nov - Wed

Sentosa - Kidszania + Sea Aquarium + Luge Ride + Trick eye museum. Evening Chinatown

8th Nov - Thurs

Universal Studio whole day

9th Nov - Fri

Jurong Bird park. Evening bugis, mustafa

10th Nov - Sat

Free (pls suggest what to do)

11th Nov - Sun

Free (pls suggest what to do)

Thanks in advance

13 replies to this topic
Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
13,369 posts
22 reviews
1. Re: Itenary Review Nov 2018

As your child is below 0.9m, there is no need for a child concession card to travel free on public buses and MRT. It is better for you to take MRT as the buses don't really have a lot of space for prams.

I would skip Kidzania as your child is too young for the activities.

Edited: 13 October 2018, 15:48
Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
13,369 posts
22 reviews
2. Re: Itenary Review Nov 2018

There is a height restriction of 1.06m for the Amazon River Quest.

Have you already booked Rainforest Lumina (as entry is based on timeslots)?

Edited: 13 October 2018, 15:52
Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
13,369 posts
22 reviews
3. Re: Itenary Review Nov 2018

Pls note that Merlion Park is across the bay from MBS and a stroll from one to the other will take about 20-30mins.

I'm not sure if you interested in Crane Dance (free 10-min water and light show) or Wings of Time (ticketed 20min water and light show) at Sentosa. If so, move Chinatown to another day as the shows are at night.

You have not set aside much time for Gardens By The Bay. Are you not interested in gardens?

Edited: 13 October 2018, 16:03
6 posts
4. Re: Itenary Review Nov 2018

Thanks for your quick reply minxbaby.

1) My daughter is 1.10m approx 110cm in height so IS she STILL free from child concession card or i need to buy one??

2) Since she is not 4 years complete I believe she is free for USS, Sea Aquarium, trick Eye Museum. Not sure If i am missing any other place suitable for her age group..

3) I dont know if there are 4 seperate tickets for zoo + zoorasic + illumina + land of giants or 1 ticket has to be brought?? Kindly suggest..

4) I have done some research on klook and viator but since singapore rains are unpredictable i will purchase tickets later

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
13,369 posts
22 reviews
5. Re: Itenary Review Nov 2018

Oh, your daughter is tall for her age! In that case, you need a child concession card.

Lumina is not included in the zoo entrance fee. If you don't get the early slots, you end up having to sit around after your Zoo and River Safari visit.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
13,369 posts
22 reviews
6. Re: Itenary Review Nov 2018

This is free https:/…palawan-pirate-ship

6 posts
7. Re: Itenary Review Nov 2018

thanks again minxbaby for the quick response

5) Surely will consider the crane dance n shift chinatown to another day

6) I have kept GBTB as optional right now, may visit poisetta floral display just to show my daughter

7) I really thought palawan pirate ship is closed permanently but guess got wrong information. Will surely add same in the itenary

8) I was considering The Cat Cafe and ArtScience Museum and Haw Par Villa Singapore .. please suggest any other place that I should consider as I have saturday and Sunday free to explore

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
13,369 posts
22 reviews
8. Re: Itenary Review Nov 2018

The lights at ArtScience Gallery will probably fascinate your girl.

The Zoo has a wet play area so bring swimmers and towels.

https:/…for-kids.html

GBTB has a wet play area …gardensbythebay.com.sg/en/attractions/far-e…

Vivocity - https://www.vivocity.com.sg/kids-club-play/

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
13,369 posts
22 reviews
9. Re: Itenary Review Nov 2018

The 4-park Park Hopper package is half-priced so you may want to consider getting that even if you don't want to visit Night Safari. You can scan the tickets directly from the mobile.

https://store.wrs.com.sg/

6 posts
10. Re: Itenary Review Nov 2018

Hi Minixbaby please suggest

Will I get the same discounted price of 4-park hopper package in singapore if I buy offline and over the counter instead of purchasing online????

Reply to: Itenary Review Nov 2018
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted