We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Chilli Crab in Singapore?

Which Singapore hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
42 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Best Chilli Crab in Singapore?

Hi,

Will be in Singapore next week for quick stopover- LOVE GOOD FOOD and looking for the best chilli crab place in town (hopefully not too far from an MRT station, ideally near Chinatown or Little India- where I'll be staying by myself).

Can anyone help? Can anyone recommend another quintessential Singapore dish that I should try, and the best place to eat it?

Thanks!

TI

1. Re: Best Chilli Crab in Singapore?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 March 2006, 21:38
Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
6,606 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Chilli Crab in Singapore?

I would suggest you grab a cab and head to Chomp Chomp, a good selection of mainly local food with great seafood ! BBQ sambal Stingray is a must !

I prefer pepper crab to chili crab. The one item most people hadnt mentioned is Cold Crab (chinese style), ah so delicious esp. in the heat. Unfortunately at the moment I am not home so I cant get the name of the restaurant, maybe you can ask the conceige about it. GOOD LUCK and enjoy !!!

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
3,299 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Chilli Crab in Singapore?

Perhaps you wanna try Kim's Cuisine at Beach Road - within walking distance from Bugis MRT Station. It's won quite a no. of accolades from local food reviewers for its crab dishes. Address is 101 Beach Road (Kimetal Building) Tel: 6336 1721.

Here's a map if you should need it. See Parco Bugis Junction ... ok there's where the MRT Station is and then just follow the directions for Chilli Crab:

1. Go to www.streetdirectory.com.sg

2. Under "Buliding/Landmark Search" type in "Kimetal" and Abracadabra!

Oh yeah ... just realised they have a web page too: www.kims.com.sg

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Chilli Crab in Singapore?

At Bugis Square there is a Chinese Restaraunt called Fatty's it has excellend Chilli Crab. It is full of expats and many Australian pilots. It has fantastic food and have been going there for years.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
597 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Chilli Crab in Singapore?

Hi checkers

Good tip. I will check out Kims.

I would recommend Melban in Ang Mo Kio for my favourite XO Crab Tanghoon. But that is really a bit waaaaaaaaaay off...

And I am so selfish that I wouldn't want the tourists to start going there...it is already so mega-crowded.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
42 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Chilli Crab in Singapore?

Wow- thanks guys. Being Asian also, I have very high standards when it comes to food, so I appreciate you all taking the time out to let me know what's good. I've only got 24 hours in Singapore so I want to fill it up with all the food that I can eat! I've heard good things about East Coast BUT it's soooo far from the MRT, so I might try out that place in Bugis Junction- shopping AND chilli crab: can't beat that for a more Singapore experience! :)

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
3,299 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Chilli Crab in Singapore?

Hmm alexiusp ... typical typical Singaporean. But then again I can't fault you for that 'coz I do that myself sometimes too. Hahz!

Travelling Incognito? British royalty or Monaco Prince? My imagination's starting to run wild ... Interesting nick!

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
597 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Chilli Crab in Singapore?

Dear all

Does anyone recall where Makansutra Seetho brought Anthony Bourdain to eat Chilli and Pepper Crab? Quote Bourdain, after eating the crabs: "Wow, now I can die happy..."

Its somewhere in Geylang...

I know this is not a foodie forum, but once you get Singaporeans talking about crab...

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
42 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Chilli Crab in Singapore?

Checkers- would royalty be staying in Little India ;)

I think eating and enjoying the cuisines of the countries I visit has got to be the best part of my trips overseas (esp. when I visit Asian countries where everything is tasty and CHEAP!)

I am all for this forum being overtaken by foodies! Shall we start a revolution? -> there I go again, betraying my bourgeois roots! :)

Level Contributor
2,272 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best Chilli Crab in Singapore?

Apparently the No Sign Board fish restaurant is very good, we were taken there by a Singaporean Family who definitely know about their Chilli Crab, we also had butter crab which was good for the kids because it was not spicy but just as tasty. Very busy in the evenings, we went about 4.00 in the afternoon so didn't need to book.