We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to buy branded luggage at sale price?

Asia
Level Contributor
72 posts
where to buy branded luggage at sale price?

looking along the lines of samsonite, delsey and the like....not including airport duty free shops, where else can we find bargain prices? is there such a thing as branded luggage at sale price in singapore? do they slash prices for different items throughout the year and not just during GSS?

not really looking for the latest collection, just want a good quality brand at affordable price. thanks.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
6,217 posts
11 reviews
1. Re: where to buy branded luggage at sale price?

How about "Tumi"? They are having a sale at their store at Ngee Ann City. Love their bags and luggages. :-)

Singapore
Level Contributor
2,660 posts
10 reviews
2. Re: where to buy branded luggage at sale price?

Some department store having sale for the luggage now. Check out Tang (Orchard, Vivo City), Isetan (Orchard), Robinson (Somerset, Raffles City).

Singapore
Level Contributor
270 posts
1 review
3. Re: where to buy branded luggage at sale price?

I don't know if you think "Lojel" is branded but it can withstand quite a bit of abuse :-) It's hard case and has sturdy wheels (my samsonite ones gave out on the streets of manhattan...go figure)

Anyways, I spotted a set at Funan Centre today (not really a place for bags) and the usual $250 one was going at $199 AND they threw in a cabin size (usual $95) for free.

If my son and I could agree on one colour, I would've bought it. :-) Alas, I might still go back to get it though, in the colour I want.

Regularly though, department stores like Robinsons, OG, Takashimaya, Tangs have sales on their bags. People's Park area also has some.

Asia
Level Contributor
72 posts
4. Re: where to buy branded luggage at sale price?

im not very familiar with all of the brands though im open to other brands, as long as it's a good buy and having fellow travellers recommend it would be great... i guess the question is, would these be on sale throughout the year? we wont be in SG till mid-september. and should i try at the malls in orchard first? im just wary about some stores selling the knock-off variety.

Singapore
Level Contributor
270 posts
1 review
5. Re: where to buy branded luggage at sale price?

Oh, mid-sept...well, I can only tell you then (by checking the papers!)

If you buy from a department store, it's unlikely to be a knock off. I think the best way about it is to find something you like in your home country (or get a feel of the pricing of what you like) and pop by the stores here when you come. You'll probably have a good gauge on whether it's a good deal.

e.g. I buy Tumi at Outlet stores in US. It's just a lot cheaper than here. :)

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
1,858 posts
28 reviews
6. Re: where to buy branded luggage at sale price?

Depending on your timing, Takashimaya Department store can be worth a look for sales. Luggage is right by the men's clothes - L3 according to their website.

http://www.takashimaya-sin.com/directory.html

Asia
Level Contributor
72 posts
7. Re: where to buy branded luggage at sale price?

thank you all for the info and tips. will hold off buying a new one here and wait for possible sale in SG when we get there.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,124 posts
121 reviews
8. Re: where to buy branded luggage at sale price?

I have not found Singapore to be that good a place to buy luggage. Only when they have sales.

Edited: 05 July 2010, 19:10
Singapore
3 posts
9. Re: where to buy branded luggage at sale price?

jingming: thanks for the post on "lojel". I'm looking for this brand actually. May I know is it the travel store @ funan where you saw the promotion and did they say when is the sale ending? and what colours and sizes do they have over there?

Thanks a lot and looking forward to your reply. :)

Edited: 06 July 2010, 13:02
Singapore
Level Contributor
149 posts
27 reviews
10. Re: where to buy branded luggage at sale price?

IF YOU CAN BE BOTHERED, I've actually found that prices at a couple of the shops at People's Park Complex (Opp Chinatown Point) are the cheapest I've seen in Singapore. The snag however, is that you need to know the retail prices (I suggest popping over to OG department store in the adjacent building) and then use that to negotiate - you should be able to get 10-15% (or more) off the retail price.