We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best buffet at top hotel

melbourne
Level Contributor
114 posts
Save Topic
best buffet at top hotel

What top 5 star hotel has the best buffet, for dinner and lunch?

North Yorkshire...
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Rhodes
Level Contributor
6,467 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: best buffet at top hotel

Any number of the better hotels in Singapore do amazing buffets/Lunches/dinners, It's all a matter of choice, opinion and what an individual thinks is good value for money.

My personal favorite has always been ''Equinox'' on top of the ''Swizzotel'' (Stamford), the views along with excellent food, do it for me.

The Meritus Mandarin is also a lovely treat, a more luxurious feel about the place, but it's all a matter of degrees, none of them are too shabby.

Good luck, enjoy. Alan..

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
142 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best buffet at top hotel

The Line at Shangri-La is quite popular. It is known for its lobsters and international variety.

Triple Three at Marina Mandarin is good, too.

Edited: 05 February 2011, 16:11
London, United...
Level Contributor
274 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best buffet at top hotel

Hiya Matyhilde. I too like buffet meals in good hotels in Singapore - often they represent better value than going a la carte.

On our last family visit to SIN in October, we were taken to some truly excellent buffet-style meals. Do try the buffet at the Concorde Hotel (nr the Istana MRT end of Orchard Road), where they have a superb buffet of Peranakan food(lunchtimes only) at about S$25(inc all taxes!!!) per person - eat as much as you like style.

Then try the buffet lunch at the Kings Copthorne Hotel(near Havelock Road) -they do what they call a Penang style food buffet - really delicious variety of food - circa S$28/head.

Finally, we were treated to the Pan Pacific buffet - I think inly on Fridays at their excellent poolside apron area(semi inside-semi outside) under umbrellas etc - chef on hand to cook your personally selected cuts of meat and seafood and brought to your table - the rest is buffet style, also make your own soups in steamboat too. Rather expensive but good value for 5***** cuisine.

I'm sure there are many more buffet venues at hotels and restaurants - we'll be trying others out when next we visit the beautiful Lion City soon! Bon apetit!

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java, Singapore
Level Contributor
55,802 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: best buffet at top hotel

Sunday Brunch at JW Marriott always wins (with free flow of sparkling wine) ........

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
187 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: best buffet at top hotel

My vote goes to Marriott on Orchard for the brunch, Equinox and the Penang buffet at King's hotel on Havelock road, do note it'll be best to make a reservation for the Penang buffet during weekends

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
95 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: best buffet at top hotel

The Shangrila. The champagne brunch on Sundays is a killer, if they still have them.

Singapore
Level Contributor
458 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: best buffet at top hotel

IMHO the buffet at Royal Plaza on Scotts in one of the best in town ..

No free flow but great selection of food

Edited: 06 February 2011, 01:37
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
11,010 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: best buffet at top hotel

Check:

Melt - the World Cafe @ The Oriental Hotel

===> The Naan at the Indian Station is Delicious

===> U get Assorted Sashimi & sushi here too

===> Waffle with Chocolate Ice Cream is Yummy.

The Line @ Shangri-La

Carousel @ Royal Plaza On Scott

Green House @ Ritz Carlton

You can check this Blog for lots of Buffet Review.

http://www.camemberu.com/search/label/buffet

FYI, the Best Penang Buffet is At White Rose Cafe @ York Hotel

Enjoy

Edited: 07 February 2011, 15:13
Singapore
Level Contributor
2,660 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: best buffet at top hotel

1.Raffles Hotel

2.Conrad

3.Grand Hyatt

4.Ritz Carlton

5.Goodwood Park Hotel

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
730 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: best buffet at top hotel

i have raffles feed card and like to celebrate my birthday! lol

i read abt equinox having mixed and rather negative reviews over at the ranking / review.

is equinox really that bad?!? i cannot take beef and my birthday is really coming and i need to book asap. i am not sure if i should take brunch or dinner... oh yes, Raffles feed promo is 50% off i think for 2pax... so which one shld i try? birthday on saturday! Thanks