We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas lunch 2011 - suggestions please :)

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
67 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Christmas lunch 2011 - suggestions please :)

Hi,

Whilst it might still seem a long way away, I was hoping to get some suggestions on where to go for Christmas lunch in Singapore. I assume that many hotels will put on a buffet lunch? I am wondering how much it will cost per person, and if any places in particular stand out as a "must do" for Christmas lunch.

Thanks in advance!

Singapore
Level Contributor
2,660 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas lunch 2011 - suggestions please :)

Even if you looking for the information now at the hotel website, they won't put it up this early. You should check them when the day coming. They will announce it at their official website or local newspaper. If you looking for hotel buffet(not sure about the price/person, and your budget), check out Ritz-Carlton, Conrad, Pan Pacific (Marina Bay), Marina Mandarin, Mandarin Oriental, Hyatt, Shangri-La, or JW Marriot. Normally they have a fantastic buffet. You can try to contact them directly by email, and let see if they have come up with the year end buffet price.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore
Level Contributor
49,509 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas lunch 2011 - suggestions please :)

The price will be no less than 70 SGD/ person, probably higher .......

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
67 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas lunch 2011 - suggestions please :)

Thanks guys. I will check out the hotels you have suggested.

Appreciate your help :)

Singapore
Level Contributor
256 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Christmas lunch 2011 - suggestions please :)

MELT and Oscar are my favourite. Do check them out.

MELT @ Mandarin Oriental.

Oscar @ Conrad.

5. Re: Christmas lunch 2011 - suggestions please :)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 November 2013, 10:10
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
79 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Christmas lunch 2011 - suggestions please :)

Sunday champagne brunch is quite popular in Singapore, particularly targeting expats, and will also be offered at many of the big hotels on Christmas. This will add significantly to the cost, but it's a nice treat too if you enjoy champagne. The usual deal is free flow wine/champagne (sometimes also cocktails, and of course other non alcoholic beverages and juices) for 2.5-3 hours. It's often a french champagne like verve or moet. Cost for this will likely be $150-200 after service and gst. so it really depends on your budget. Also some places don't give much (if any) discount if some people at your table don't want alcohol. For christmas day it's also worthwhile to check if they have one or two sittings. Some popular hotels (e.g. when i went to Shangri Las - the line, a few years back) do two sittings e.g. 11-1 and 1:30-3:30. I'd try to go somewhere with single sitting so more relaxing. If two sittings better to take second sitting so you won't be rushed out.

Saluda, North...
Level Contributor
241 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Christmas lunch 2011 - suggestions please :)

i am curious about christmas brunch as well so if anyone has any specific information before then please let me know!

Singapore, Singapore
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Christmas lunch 2011 - suggestions please :)

I'm also looking for a place for lunch for a group of 12. Need not be on Christmas day itself, early to mid december. Cosy restaurants will be good, need not be at the hotel....

Singapore
Level Contributor
2,565 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Christmas lunch 2011 - suggestions please :)

Maybe www.hungrygowhere.com can give you some suggestions.

10. Re: Christmas lunch 2011 - suggestions please :)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 12:15