We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beware to MISA travel Singapore, they robbed their customer

Jakarta
Level Contributor
28 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Beware to MISA travel Singapore, they robbed their customer

Last week we confirmed our 7 D Taiwan Deluxe tour package (Tour code : TTPE-FSD7D-AB6) by T/T our FULL PAYMENT as per Ms.Seet May (MISA travel staff) request within their dateline last week and she already acknowledge us receiving our FULL PAYMENT on time & she needed 2-3 working days to reply us with their Taiwan agent confirmation.

Unfortunately today she advise us that immy their allotment with their supplier has been fully booked & asking us for 25% top-up if we insist to contniue our booking paid.

MISA travel SINGAPORE (Ms.Seet May) tries to rob their full-paid customers likes us, so beware to book any futher travel services to MISA travel SINGAPORE as they are not a trusted SINGAPORE travel agent but they are really a robbery travel agent.

We did many bookings to many SINGAPORE travel agents since 1998 likes SA tours, Chan Brothers, CTC & more, but never get robbed likes MISA travel did to us today.

Monster Day Tours
Walking Tours, Night Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Food Tours
MAM Holidays Singapore
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, City Tours
Wild Discoverer Tour
Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
4,337 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beware to MISA travel Singapore, they robbed their customer

if you have no problems with the likes of SA tours, Chan Brothers, CTC n many more, why don't you stick with them?

I have booked air tickets via Misa Travel before n had no issues.

Singapore
Level Contributor
2,660 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beware to MISA travel Singapore, they robbed their customer

I think there is a misunderstanding. MISA has been around in Singapore Travel industry for a while and comparable to other big agent, and personally using them sometimes for my travel purpose. Instead of saying they robbed you, have you ask for refund? And as a customer, have you ask why do they required to top up if there is no more slot available? Logically, you will why right? As a registered travel agent in Asia and in the World, you can lodge a complaint to the association (stated on MISA website). Furthermore, have you read the term and condition stated on the booking?

Your story here just unclear and there is nothing to put up here if you simply know why do they asked you to top up when they slot is full? I believe there is a refund if the slot is full, a simple trading condition, and this is a group tour not a flight booking.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
6,190 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beware to MISA travel Singapore, they robbed their customer

You may like to approach NATAS for resolution. Misa is a member of the travel agents member grouping. There could be a miscommunication or misunderstanding somewhere. We cannot comment or judge as currently it is only one side of the story. The NATAS website is http://www.natas.org.sg

Jakarta
Level Contributor
28 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beware to MISA travel Singapore, they robbed their customer

@ raras2u

I did contact to Chan Brothers & CTC prevly but unfortunately they didn't sell the required package tour.

@ AndyNg

I was very upset because at first Ms.Seet May already surcharged us because of bla bla bla ..... & we agree to her first surcharges but she insist us to pay first within the dateline up to 5 May to confirm her price quoted so that we paid them on 4 May (one day prior to their dateline).

Immy today she ask us to pay more 25% top-up to continue our booking because their allotment to their supplier has been fully booked.

I don't understand why they still insist us to pay first our full payment meanwhile they were already aware too that their allotment has been already fully booked ??? That's why MISA travel is the robbery SINGAPORE travel agent

Singapore
Level Contributor
2,660 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beware to MISA travel Singapore, they robbed their customer

Have you ask for a refund? I'm sure they have a refund policy, and in this case you are in a strong side, as stated the tour you wanted is not available.

'I don't understand why they still insist us to pay first our full payment meanwhile they were already aware too that their allotment has been already fully booked ???' > Did you ask why?

Edited: 09 May 2011, 17:33
Jakarta
Level Contributor
28 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beware to MISA travel Singapore, they robbed their customer

Ms.Seet May asked me to cancel our booking first which's I refused it because I am so worry not to get their full refund after their miscommitment.

She'd confirm me first to return a full amount because of her fault .. late to confirm to their supplier.

I think this problem occured becuase of MISA travel staff altitude - Ms. Seet May (not whole the MISA travel management) because she was not focus on her job, FYI she also asked me two times for our passports copy meanwhile I already did email her prevly.

Singapore
Level Contributor
2,660 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beware to MISA travel Singapore, they robbed their customer

Well, just refer to the refund term and condition. anyway, have you ask for a refund at the first place before making all this fuss since the slot is full? Or else since she advised you to cancel the booking, don't you ask her about the refund as well? As simple as that.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Beware to MISA travel Singapore, they robbed their customer

I suppose they will definately give you your full refund if you don't want to proceed,

i have purchase tour package before,

they inform me its not available only higher fare available, i don't accept and they refund me FULL in less then a week time,

i think you are just over reacting.

Singapore
Level Contributor
2,660 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Beware to MISA travel Singapore, they robbed their customer

'Unfortunately today she advise us that immy their allotment with their supplier has been fully booked & asking us for 25% top-up if we insist to contniue our booking paid.' > if we insist... that means she offer you an option if you still want and have to go, not pushing you to top up and join other tour package. Based on what you type here.

Singapore
Level Contributor
2,660 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Beware to MISA travel Singapore, they robbed their customer

"I suppose they will definately give you your full refund if you don't want to proceed,

i have purchase tour package before,

they inform me its not available only higher fare available, i don't accept and they refund me FULL in less then a week time,

i think you are just over reacting."

But have you ask for the refund from MISA? Here you only talk about other travel agent view.

It's fairly correct they offer you options if you insist to go or other package. Nothing wrong with that, just a part of selling point. I'm sure they won't force you if you don't want.

Edited: 09 May 2011, 18:10