We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best High Tea in Singapore

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
55 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best High Tea in Singapore

Hello,

I am wondering if we could get an update on the BEST high tea in Singapore. Who has been recently and what were your thoughts?

I am visiting again soon and thinking of trying the Regent, or maybe Raffles. I think I want to have the buffet option.

LON-SIN
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
13,628 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best High Tea in Singapore

You probably mean afternoon tea or 'low' tea. Raffles is the best and most traditional IMHO. Other good ones are Goodwood Park Hotel, Shangrila and Reagent.

Edited: 27 March 2012, 19:59
Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel, Holiday Travel, Singapore
Level Contributor
22,984 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best High Tea in Singapore

Hello,

I pre-booked online via email and went to High Tea in the Tiffin Room at Raffles Hotel last month. Very expensive. Service was good, staff were attentive and the Tiffin Room was pretty. The food was nice, but not spectacular, 3 tier stand of food on your table plus a small selection on buffet table. If you want masses of food go elsewhere.

North Yorkshire...
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Rhodes
Level Contributor
6,482 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Best High Tea in Singapore

Raffles is a must, if only for the experience. Raffles hasn't built it's reputation for quality and service by ripping people off and not giving value for money, It's as good as it gets, but we have to pay, as in all ''good'' things.

As for ''expensive'' it's a word that suggests it's not worth it, it might cost a lot of money, $50 or so (approx and depending what you have), but it's worth every cent imvho and by definition, not ''expensive''. Alan.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel, Holiday Travel, Singapore
Level Contributor
22,984 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best High Tea in Singapore

ddiggs,

Oh dear. I did not suggest that Raffles was ripping people off. I did enjoy the ambiance and service and getting dressed up to attend. You make me sound like a miser by daring to say it was expensive!! Just my opinion, and I think we are all entitled to express our subjective opinions here. The original question asked us for our thoughts. Those were mine.

Cheers.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
259 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Best High Tea in Singapore

here are a list of places you may wish to visit

www.hungrygowhere.com/search_results.php…

enjoy :D

North Yorkshire...
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Rhodes
Level Contributor
6,482 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Best High Tea in Singapore

''Denise07012'' I certainly had no intention of making you ''sound like a miser'', you expressed your ''subjective opinion'' and I mine.

You used the word ''expensive'', I merely pointed out that ''a lot of money'' is not necessarily ''expensive''.

Opinions though, as you suggest, are ''subjective'', and I, like you, am ''entitled'' to post mine. Alan.

Singapore
Level Contributor
28 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best High Tea in Singapore

You can try the one at Grand Hyatt Spore's 10Scotts located at lobby level - it comes in a 2-tier thingy whose items are refillable, plus a mini buffet line of desserts and stuff. I felt it was quite worth it. But do note that this one has more Asian bites on the tier e.g popiah and curry puffs but still good nonetheless. SGD48 ++ for 1pax and $78++ for the same thing with free flow champagne if you want to splurge. Think they have seating timings so good to check +65 67381234.

Enjoy!

Cambridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
9,359 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best High Tea in Singapore

Im another vote for the Raffles High Tea - there is an ambience to the Tiffin Room and the hotel that really fits the whole experience. It costs, yes, but it is worth it.

Equinox has a decent reputation, and the views of course. THe Fullerton does an afternoon tea and is one fo the few places that can compete on the colonial grandeur with Raffles, but I have not tried either personally, so thats all second hand.

9. Re: Best High Tea in Singapore

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 April 2013, 17:21